Monday, June 15, 2009

Conversation with Bi

I logged in on msn to chat up with my friend Bi. I love conversing with Bi because she is brutally honest. Lately I've been quite bummed with how things are going on with my hmm, I don't what to call it but lets just say... relationship?, and the struggle to perform daily activities with colds and a cough since last week has made me quite needy. So we started off with the usual hi's and hello's, asking each other how things have been, then i started opening up about how things seem to be going downhill and she said something to me, one that made me sit back and ponder upon. She said, why won't I go out and meet guys instead of wasting my time with these guys I meet online. Harsh, to me it was, because I've been sitting here in front of my computer, pursuing and trying to make a hopeless relationship work while this guy obviously has better things to do than do his part in salvaging whatever it is going on between us. The more I think about it, she's right. There's more to life than trying to resuscitate a comatosed relationship. And lol.... there's another guy who's great, but again, he lives somewhere on the other hemisphere, who i have a 12 hour time difference with, and yeah, he's fun to talk to, he's sweet, and funny but didn't all my previous ones possess the same qualities as he does? Like i said, it's the same old product, the only difference is that it comes with a different package, like Coke Zero and Coke Light. At the end of the day, it all boils down to this: he's bored, he opens his facebook account, and finds a girl who looks cute, let's try if she bites the bait. If she does, then I have a new diversion, up until i find something better to do with my life. Again, I may be being too pessimistic, but c'mon... I have to get over idiocy because that's not who I am. I can't over romanticize the idea of there's someone out there waiting for me. That someone is out there alright, but he's not the one who's talking to me over the internet, a hundred thousand kilometers and oceans and seas apart from me. That someone will come at the right time, at the right place, at the same timezone and zip code as I live in.

No comments: