Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Catching Up with Blanca and Tipen


A few days ago, my friends and I went out for dinner and a movie. I know it sounds like no big deal, but it is. My best friend since college days, Blanca, just got married last year. We don't get to go out as often as we could when she was still single. She moved to a different city, about 4 hours away from where I currently reside, because her husband owns and operates a gasoline station there. So when her husband had to visit the city for a business trip, she came with him.



We were so ecstatic, we've been waiting for that chance to see one another for so long. We made plans to watch a movie and have dinner along with our other college buddy, Tipen. The three of us met up at Abreeza, the newly opened mall here in my city. She jokingly told us that we should give her a tour of the mall because she has become quite a townie. So we had dinner at this Mexican restaurant called, Mooon Cafe (it's really spelled with 3 o's). After dinner, we watched Kung Fu Panda 2. Yes, its an animated film, but the three of us are kids at heart and we've been eagerly waiting for KFP2's screening. And as expected, the movie was hilarious, and had a good story line to boot.

After the movie, we all went our separate ways. It was quite melancholic for us, because in the past, we would usually head out and have a cup of coffee or a round of beers after, even if we had work the next day. But now, things have changed. Our statuses have changed, and with that comes obligations and responsibilities. I am just happy the three of us got the chance to spend time and catch up.


Follow Wii_Chan168 on Twitter





4 comments:

Carrymel said...

It's always nice to go out with friends, even as adults. I've noticed it's kind of different with my friends too now that we're "grown", the important thing is to just try your hardest to find time like you've been doing.

Also, I have you an award! <3 check it out here: http://carrymel.blogspot.com/2011/07/i-dont-know-what-to-say.html

Carrymel said...

Actually, I gave you two awards! Lol, you'll c.

ChiChi81 said...

Aww... I am so honoured to receive such award! thanks much, hun <3 after all the things I've gone through the past few days, is sure is heartwarming to know that someone, particularly you, enjoy reading my blog.

ChiChi81 said...

Aww... I am so honoured to receive such award! thanks much, hun <3 after all the things I've gone through the past few days, is sure is heartwarming to know that someone, particularly you, enjoy reading my blog.