Thursday, June 9, 2011

Yum Yum Ramen


I haven't been a huge fan of Japanese cuisine before. In the Philippines, Japanese Restaurants are quite pricey and people dine in Japanese restaurants on very special occasions. But lately I've been trying to educate myself with the different types of Asian cuisine. Ever since I embarked on some travelling around Southeast Asia, I realized I need to expand my palate so that I won't have to keep looking for a McDonald's whenever I am overseas. And besides, eating fastfood isn't healthy.

Today, my brother, sister and I decided to eat Ramen at a local Japanese restaurant called Rai Rai Ken at this newly-opened upscale mall. It's been raining every afternoon since the start of the week so a bowl of ramen was just the right meal to keep our bellies warm. I ordered a Beef Yakiniku Ramen. As the name suggests, it is ramen made with thinly sliced beef, onion, green leafy vegetables which is locally called "Pechay", sesame oil and is topped with egg. We also ordered a six-piece Gyoza which the three of us equally divided amongst each another. My siblings and I joked amongst ourselves that we are slowly turning into Naruto, since we've been eating ramen more often now.

Though this isn't a grandiose gastronomic experience, I just wanted to blog about it in order to change the vibe of my blog. The past blogs I've written were quite grim, borderline depressing, and since I am trying to move on and have a positive outlook as I move along, I wanted to write more about some of the little pleasures I'm indulging myself with. And I believe this little food trip with my siblings is just one of them.

So... Itedaikemasu! <3 Follow Wii_Chan168 on Twitter



4 comments:

Gloria said...

Hi ChiChi. Thanks for stopping by my blog.Life has been hectic lately, good to see you and hope all is going good with you. I like this post and in fact I have about 4 packages of Ramen in my pantry and adding thin slices of beef, very thin slices and veggies is a great idea. I think I will make this for dinner. What a great and easy idea. Thanks for sharing. Have a great rest of the week.

ChiChi81 said...

Hi Gloria! Thanks as well for stopping by my blog. I'm glad you liked my post and I'm happy I gave you an idea how to make your Ramen even more appetizing. Cheers! Have a great weekend to you as well.

Gloria said...

Hi ChiChi. Thanks for stopping by my blog.Life has been hectic lately, good to see you and hope all is going good with you. I like this post and in fact I have about 4 packages of Ramen in my pantry and adding thin slices of beef, very thin slices and veggies is a great idea. I think I will make this for dinner. What a great and easy idea. Thanks for sharing. Have a great rest of the week.

Blackswan said...

Wi, I'm back to chk out your 7 links! U're young so u should expand your "horizon". I take all types of cuisine esp those days as a flight attendant, I can't afford to be too fussy. Hahaha!

Enjoy your weekend. I'll continue to read on other links & hope u'll spend some time reading my 7 links too!