Friday, July 22, 2011

Moving Along...

For a few weeks now, I have been blogging about the tragedy I had been through, so I wanted to change the aura of my posts. Yes, it will take a while before I can say I've truly moved on, but going through that whole ordeal doesn't mean life stops. It doesn't. The world will continue to turn and life will continue to move on whether someone is going through some tough times. And in this fast paced world we live in, we need to keep up in order for us not to be left behind.

So... to keep up with the rest of y'all, I had to go back to my normal routine, the one that puts food on my plate and fuels my diesel-chugging vehicle: I had to restock my shop.

I don't think I ever mentioned my shop in my previous posts so here's a brief background of it. When I got back from my trip to Australia last year, I opened up a thrift shop with my sister. I used to sell at the night market with my sister but had to put that on hold for a bit when I went to Aussie. A few weeks after I arrived home, I heard there was a vacant space at a shopping complex that is famous for thrifted clothes so we decided to rent out that space and open up our own shop. It was a pretty bold move for me because I had never made such a significant investment in my life. So we dotted the i's, crossed the t's, and on the 18th of September 2010, Creole Fashion was open for business.

The shop has grown in popularity despite the very cramped space. And I would say, doing pretty good. Sure there are lean times but that's just how the wheels of commerce is. There are times when business is picking up, and there are times when things are a bit slow. But overall, it is profitable, plus I have a lot of free time in my hands which is something I wouldn't trade for any other job. And an added bonus: whenever I restock, it's like I'm shopping for myself. It gives me such a rush whenever I ruffle through my supplier's bundle of clothes, you'd be surprised at the amazing clothes I would find, some of which are in mint condition.

Like I said previously, I restocked my shop a few days ago. And here are some of the lovely pieces I have thrifted and is currently on display at my window shop.

These are just a sample of the batch. I personally hand-picked each item, making sure they're not flawed so that I the customers who patronize my shop would get their money's worth. And for that, I get a lot of praises from my customers saying, my items are not only affordable but they look like brand new clothes and are fashionable. And that, my dears, is the biggest compliment a thrift shop owner can ever get. Whenever I get that from my customers, it's like all the exhaustion and hardwork has paid off. 

And lastly... this is me, in front of my shop ;D


Have a lovely Friday, my dear readers. Cheers!

15 comments:

The Cat Hag said...

Amazing, I love browsing through vintage shops!

You are such an inspiration really, I would never have the guts to open a retail shop. 0.0


xoxo,
Addie
The Cat Hag

yoli said...

you look really cute in the pic!

Miss Kwong said...

u look lovely! u have a lovely blog girl. following u now!

Follow me on:
Miss Kwong

larissa said...

hee girl,
thanks for your lovely comment.
i dont see you following yet... very nice posts! great blog...
xo.
http://fromhatstoheels.blogspot.com/

Tassos P said...

Nice choices dear, good luck with them :) I love the green polka dots skirt!
xoxoxo

SAMANTHA said...

beautiful post! cheers!

www.dragonnfruit.com

Chari T said...

lOVE YOUR BLOG!!! and the clothes you've got!!! I hope that we can follow each other!!!

Chari T (deep fried stilettos)X

Aleksandra said...

Love the skirts! <3
http://modejoy.blogspot.com/

larissa said...

I'm now following back! xo. http://fromhatstoheels.blogspot.com/

Vale ♥ said...

Hi girl, your blog is so cute and interesting, loads of things to read :-)
Kisses !

http://fashionandcookies.blogspot.com

Carrymel said...

You are so talented and I admire how you care about your costumers! I never knew you had our own shop! Ya learn something new everything :]

Ask Erena said...

Good luck to your business! You look great on the last picture!
hugs,
xx
Ask Erena
http:/askerena.blogspot.com/

Dana Paramita said...

green polka skirt is too cute! gdluck for your business ;)
anyway thankyou for your lovely comment sweety! <3

http://paramitadana.blogspot.com/

Ask Erena said...

Good luck to your business! You look great on the last picture!
hugs,
xx
Ask Erena
http:/askerena.blogspot.com/

Carrymel said...

You are so talented and I admire how you care about your costumers! I never knew you had our own shop! Ya learn something new everything :]