Friday, July 8, 2011

Munching My Way to Comfort

Things have been so hectic these past few days. All that clean-up after the recent flood we had just been through (and survived, thank God) has preoccupied me. I have been so transfixed on getting it done and over with, I haven't gotten the chance to pause for a bit to relax. For days, I was feeling very edgy and that could only mean one thing... burnout.

In order to detox and de-stress, I turned to the one thing that would always cheer me up when I was little. Pocky! 

It's a very popular snack here in Asia. It's a fun food to snack on. It's a thin stick biscuit dipped in chocolate. There are other variants to this snack but I prefer this one.

It's a bit high in caloric content tho, and since my metabolism isn't as fast as when I was younger, I needed to keep watch of my Pocky consumption ;'( *sad....* But the best way to watch what you eat is to pass it around and share. So I shared this box of Pocky with my sister and my aunt. I get to indulge in my comfort food, gave myself a break and shared it with others and feel less guilty about the possibility of gaining a few pounds cuz of this sweet, sweet snack I loved ever since I was a kid.

 Now that's just brilliant. ^^

12 comments:

Amber said...

i LOVE pocky!!

http://fashionisabearsbestfriend.blogspot.com/

Molto ❤ Fashion said...

It's so comforting to each delicious food from when we were younger, but ahh it's so frustrating when we have to limit our intake!!

Carrymel said...

So they're like chocolate sticks? yummm :]

ChiChi81 said...

@Amber: they're just so addictive haha

@Molto <3 Fashion: yeah, it's just so sad... ;(

@Nhya: yah, they are. omgsh, they're so delish! you should try them ;) by the way, I hope you're feeling better now, so sorry about your loss... stay strong hun <3

The Cat Hag said...

I am sorry to hear you got caught in the flood, but am so glad you are fine!

And I am a really big fan of Pocky, it's such a fabulous snack. Easy to eat and so yummy. :)


xoxo,
Addie
The Cat Hag

B.Inspired said...

OMG....POCKY!?!?!??!?! Loved that stuff as a kid and Yan yan too!!!

mwan said...

hi there check out my blog will u ? http://mwanwan.blogspot.com, follow it if u like it, ill def do the same if u like!
love from hong kong
mwan

Peiyinn said...

I like the snack too! <3

Peiyinn said...

I like the snack too! <3

ChiChi81 said...

@Amber: they're just so addictive haha

@Molto <3 Fashion: yeah, it's just so sad... ;(

@Nhya: yah, they are. omgsh, they're so delish! you should try them ;) by the way, I hope you're feeling better now, so sorry about your loss... stay strong hun <3

B.Inspired said...

OMG....POCKY!?!?!??!?! Loved that stuff as a kid and Yan yan too!!!

Molto ❤ Fashion said...

It's so comforting to each delicious food from when we were younger, but ahh it's so frustrating when we have to limit our intake!!