So I sat on that thought for a few minutes, with my cup of coffee in one hand, and jotted down the things I wish to achieve the day I turn 35.
And so here it is: the 30 things I must do before I hit 35.
1. Readjust my body clock. I am nocturnal. I know... that is pretty bad not only for my skin, but for my general health. I know this takes time, because staying up really late has become chronic for me, and well, the good news is, I'm starting to sleep earlier now. I'm confident that pretty soon, I'll be able to snooze off early, just like the rest of y'all.
2. Eat more vegetables and fruits. When I was a kid, eating veggies was like a punishment for me. But now that I'm older, I realize that yes, my mother was right, I need to eat veggies because not only are they nutritious, but also very beneficial to my health. And since I'm hitting middle age, I need to be more conscious of what I eat.
3. Choose milk over coffee. I am not a big fan of milk even when I was little. But I should bring myself to consume more milk because women are highly likely to develop osteoporosis as they age. And it's a medical fact that coffee depletes our body's calcium stores so yikes... need to change my preferences now. And a little advanced planning wouldn't hurt. I need to stock up on calcium deposits while I'm still in my early thirties so as not to catch that disease when I hit menopause.
4. Wear sunscreen. Okay... I'm guilty of abusing my skin. I rarely put on sunscreen when I was younger because I don't particularly enjoy seeing my face looking oily but *sigh* I really wish I could turn back time and change my perspective. But oh well... better late than never.
6. Wear a bikini and not feel self-conscious about it. This is somewhat related to #5. And yep... I know this is kind of shallow but I owe it to myself.
7. Get curls. I hated my wavy mane so I get a Rebond treatment for my hair at least twice a year. I can't remember how my hair looked like when it was all wavy, so hmm how about I try out a different hairstyle, at least once before I hit 35. I could always have it straightened anyway if I hate the look haha.
8. Wear make-up more often. I only wear make-up on special occasions and at night. I don't wear that much make-up during the day because of the weather in my country. It's very hot and humid, so your make-up would just melt away before it hits noon. But yeah, since I'm no longer a girl, maybe it's time I doll myself up before I leave the house.
9. Kick the bad habits. I have my vices and no need to elaborate, I need to kick em out.
11. Read the newspaper. These days, I don't read the paper because I'd rather watch the news than read it. I used to read the paper everyday, from the front page down to the entertainment section but now, I hardly do that because I rely solely on the television and the internet.
13. Spend less time on Facebook. Now that is going to be a huge challenge, but I'm up for it. I have to admit, FB takes up so much of my waking hours, and robs me of my much needed beauty rest, so yeah... I need to reclaim what's rightfully mine. Good luck to myself haha.
14. Drive a truck. By truck, I mean a lorry, cargo truck, prime mover, etc, not a pick-up truck. Kinda silly really but I just want to have a first hand experience of driving a HUGE vehicle.
|At Mongkok, the shopping district in |
HongKong,with my sister
18. Ride a roller coaster (again). I am such a chicken when it comes to roller coasters. I just can't get over my fear of it, especially when you're like... so high up in the air, and you plummet to the ground at mind-boggling speed. Ugh, I remember my last roller coaster ride about 5 years ago: I was close to tears and even if I tried to scream my lungs out, I just couldn't; no sound would ever come out of my gaping mouth >.<". The only thing that stopped me from screaming "make it stop please!" was the little kid in front of me, waving his hands in the air. screaming in sheer delight.
20. Sing in front of a crowd. I love to sing, and according to my friends, I have a pretty good voice. I sang with a band before, but that was a long time ago, back when I was in my teens. Might as well do it again, for old time's sake. ;)
22. Eat an exotic dish. I'm pretty squeamish when it comes to food, I can't even eat balut which is a delicacy in my country. Need to get over it and try something out of the ordinary. ;)
23. Have over 100 followers. It's a long shot, but who knows right? ;)
Okay... Time to get to the heavy stuff. The previous posts are a little trivial, and there are more serious things I need to accomplish before I hit mid-30's.
|At Circular Quay, |
Sydney Opera House at the back
24. Move to a different country. I've always wanted to move to Australia, and start a life of my own there. When I visited that place last year, I fell in love with it. And I wanna live there permanently. I'm in the process of working out a way to move there, so, wish me luck.
25. Find a stable job. I will need to fend for myself when I move, and in order to do that, I need a stable job to support myself. Pretty logical, isn't it?
26. Own/rent my own place. I have not lived on my own my whole life. I really need to go out of my comfort zone, like... really soon.
27. Get married. I am not getting any younger, and my biological clock's ticking fast. And even though being single is such a blast, I'm kind of getting tired of the chase. And I hope and pray my boyfriend is the one. There's no other person I can see myself end up with except him.
28. Have kids. In the past, I keep saying, I'm not ready for kids yet. Not that I'm yearning for one right now, but it would love to have a kid before I hit 35.
29. Juggle a career and having a family. There's no better feeling than having a career even though you have a family.The key to success here is balance.
|With dad and mom|
30. Be able to give back to my parents. They have given me so much, even more than they need to, and I just want to give something back, not as repayment, or as a form of gratitude, but because I love them dearly.