Friday, August 5, 2011

Bargain Hunting at Chinatown


Image lifted off from
skyscrapercity.com
When I was younger, I never dared to wander off to Chinatown mainly because of its shady reputation of being filled with pickpockets. But when I started to do my night market stint two years ago, I found out that Chinatown isn't so bad after all. In fact, it's every shopkeepers' treasure haven! All the bargained items and the great finds I was able to amass from Chinatown never ceases to amaze me. Whenever I needed a bracelet, a necklace or a pair of earrings to jazz up my wardrobe, I rush to Chinatown in a heartbeat cuz I know for sure, the perfect accessory is just within the confines of the many shops in that place, and I always end up picking up other trinkets apart from what I really came there for hahaha. The key is patience and boost of stamina for all the walking and bargain hunting. And it pays off. Today I was able to nab me some really adorable accessories for just roughly around $3 (converted from Philippine Peso to US Dollars). Great deal, huh? (^.^)v

The following are my really lovely purchases from that short visit to Chinatown.

Wooden Bead Bangle: $ 0.49
ON SALE for $ 0.29

Crystal Hairband: $ 0.85
Vintage Floral Hair Clamp: $0.37

12-piece Gray Beaded Bracelet $ 0. 39

Silver Purse Stud Earrings $ 0.44

The colour combination reminds me of the Flintstones haha
$ 0.24

My favourite!
Flower Earring $ 0.37

I am still beaming with delight from my little shopping trip. It never fails to surprise me with such lovely and affordable items each time I go there. Yes, I know it's not the most glamorous place to go shopping but haha it doesn't bother me really. To me, it doesn't matter where you shop. In the end it's all about the thrill of the finding that perfect item at a good price. It just brings about such a great feeling, like an accomplishment, whenever I find wonderful stuff wherever I shop; whether its overseas, at the shopping center, at night markets and yes... Chinatown.  Plus it wouldn't break my heart in case I break it or lose one a pair because they weren't too dear in the first place hahaha. 

32 comments:

Rapuncela said...

I have that same bracelet from picture 1 but in purple :)
the last earrings are cute!!

Aly Henshall said...

I love the flowery earrings! Great blog- am following and it'd be great if you could look at mine some time! :) Aly xx

Harija said...

Great jewellery!

Neat post... would you like to follow each other!

Joy Chou said...

The flower earrings are my favorite too! Great purchases.


tacosandfreecandy.blogspot.com

Chari T said...

I WOULD LOVE TO VISIT CHINA TOWN!!!!!!
Chari T (deep fried stilettos)xx

B.Inspired said...

Do I see these prices correctly??? WOWOWOW! Not only are these pieces fabulous but they're really wallet friendly! You found some fantastic finds and the first wooden bracelet you featured, that'd easily go for $8 at Forever 21 which is still inexpensive but I like .29 :) Thank you for stopping by Bravoe Runway!

Aprilia said...

First of all, thank you for your kind words on my blog :) I'm glad you found me through Addie's blog! She's so lovely.
Secondly, how many awesome bargains did you manage to find!? That's so crazy how cheap these items were! Well done! :)

xx

http://aprilialove.com

The Cat Hag said...

That's a fantastic haul!

I love shopping in Chinatown too, I just might make a trip down there this evening to eat and shop for a bit. :)


xoxo,
Addie
The Cat Hag
Join My Giveaway

lhamo Mashutzo said...

hello Adorable...i have already followed you.....and thanks for the beautiful comment and following me..

http://silenceriver.blogspot.com/

Andrea Marie said...

Great finds and for awesome deals! I love going to Chinatown here, but it's a little bit of a drive so I rarely go. But when I do it's such a treat! I love those yellow heart earrings :)

xo andrea marie
peaceloveandreamarie.blogspot.com

Mary ♥ Mur said...


Oh, nice post.)) Love your blog!!!.))))))

I need your help ... Soon I am flying to Greece and I will have a two-day shopping in Athens .. You were there ever? If yes, what places you advise?

Lizzy said...

Awesome haul! :) Those earrings are so cute ;D I like the Silver Purse earrings best! I love the hairband too, I love hats and hairbands :PP They're amazing accessories!

XOXO
Lizzy

Peiyinn said...

Wish to visit to there one day! :D

Jazzy E (hivenn) said...

SO cute. x hivenn

ciccia said...

What gorgeous stuff... and great prices! I wish we had Chinatown here. Thank you for stopping by, I'm following you right back. Hugs from Rome!

ChiChi81 said...

@Everyone: Thank you all for your lovely comments. Yep, Chinatown is one of my most favourite place to find great stuff at rock-bottom prices.

@My New Readers: Thank you so much for following me. I do read posts from the blogs that I follow, and I follow back those who follow me. I am looking forward to interacting with you and being friends with you all. <3

@Joy Chou: yep, they are so adorable, I wish I bought 3 more in case I break this one haha

@Addie: I fell in love with Sydney's Chinatown when I went there for a visit, I will definitely go back there when I'm back in Aussie ;)

@B. Inspired: Yes, you are seeing the prices correctly lol I did a little conversion from my currency to USD so that everyone can share my elation with my haul ;)

@Aprilia: I was able to buy 3 earrings, 2 bracelets, 1 hairband, 1 hair clamp, and 2 blouses for like $ 3.17, I wasn't able to post it up tho cuz I immediately washed them lol. And you're welcome, I am so looking forward to your posts.

@Peiyinn: Perhaps in time, my dear, you will and I'm sure you'll have an awesome time shopping ;)

To Everyone: cheers! wishing you all a great weekend up ahead, fab finds, and awesome deals <3

B.Inspired said...

WHAT??? We are both the same age? I thought you had just graduated from university!!! You look young missy! Thank you for stopping by!

Melsa said...

oh my! you made some good bargains! i also like the last ones the best, so pretty^^

best wishes, melle and sasa
http://mel-sa.blogspot.com/

Amanda Nguyen said...

wow SUCH GREAT FINDS!! i can't believe the prices you purchased them at!! i love china town no matter the location...always fun to experience the Chinese culture and you don't have to go very far!

<3FFF
feast.fashion.faves

rach. said...

i absolutely love those flower earings, so cute! great blog!

love, rach.
www.so--hi.blogspot.com

Dana Paramita said...

hello sweety girl! i wanna say much thanks to you :* first, i followed your advise to visit him by surprising.. and finally he is go heal and go home today! thankyou :*
and thanks for your every comments, it's really mean alot for me ;)

Danii said...

omg your chinatown rocks! That is suuch great finds. Theres something about finding a good deal that makes my day. Great blog :)

Kel said...

Wow that is ridiculously good value for some uber cute accessories!


Lots of love from Sydney,

x Kel

playing an impostor

Deniz said...

hi! happy days!:)
www.LensMarket.Com

Michelle's Style File said...

Amazing bargains- great finds.

x
Michelle
www.michellesstylefile.blogspot.com

SippingGreenTea said...

Hey! thanks for your lovely comment and stopping by my blog :).
I'm so glad I've discovered yours, it's super cute :D!!xx

http://sipping-green-tea.blogspot.com

SippingGreenTea said...

Hey! thanks for your lovely comment and stopping by my blog :).
I'm so glad I've discovered yours, it's super cute :D!!xx

http://sipping-green-tea.blogspot.com

ciccia said...

What gorgeous stuff... and great prices! I wish we had Chinatown here. Thank you for stopping by, I'm following you right back. Hugs from Rome!

lhamo Mashutzo said...

hello Adorable...i have already followed you.....and thanks for the beautiful comment and following me..

http://silenceriver.blogspot.com/

Chari T said...

I WOULD LOVE TO VISIT CHINA TOWN!!!!!!
Chari T (deep fried stilettos)xx

Aly Henshall said...

I love the flowery earrings! Great blog- am following and it'd be great if you could look at mine some time! :) Aly xx

Carrymel said...

AHHH ! I am SUPER JEALOUS of how cheap those earrings were! I'm gunna send you money and have you shop for me and then send it back to me! lol you're so lucky! Those are such adorable accessorie picks :)