Thursday, August 18, 2011

Celebrations

Denim Cropped Vest
and Floral Dress: Mango
Okay, this is sort of a follow-up of my last post. As I mentioned there, my weekend was quite uneventful. But my Monday wasn't. And when I say that, I don't mean that my Monday was hair-raising or totally hectic, in fact, it was a joyful one for it was my dad's 55th birthday. Yaay! Happy Birthday, papa!

When I was younger, we'd always have a party at the house during his birthday. But lately, we no longer throw a huge birthday bash. Probably since we've all grown up, and everyone's too busy to actually take time and prepare a feast, so everytime someone's celebrating their birthday, we'd all just book a table and have dinner at one of our favourite restaurants.

His favourite resto of all time is this Chinese seafood restaurant, Ahfat. As you may have noticed, our family has quite a penchant over seafood. And its so ironic that we are ALL allergic to seafood! We firmly believe that food allergy is no excuse to shy away from seafood and well, there's always antihistamines haha...

I don't wanna make this post too long, so I'm going to let the photos do the talking ;)



Me with the Family

Me, my dad and my sister 

Taking photos whist waiting for the food... And yeah, my sis likes to give me devils horns haha 

Alas! Dinner is finally served!

Hot And Sour Soup
Yang Chow Fried Rice (Yep, we Filipinos eat rice for brekkie, lunch and dinner ;p)

Birthday Noodle (Seafood) is imperative in birthday celebrations lol


Steamed Snapper in Soy Sauce

The family's most favourite dish: Steamed Slipper Lobster in Garlic

The only four-legged creature that graced our table: Sizzling Beef Tenderloin

Yep, I know, that was a lot of food hahaha. We have this quite unusual custom that whenever we are celebrating a family member's birthday, we do not scrimp on food, we go all out. It's like a thanksgiving for another year in our life, and a bountiful table signifies a more abundant and blessed life for the celebrant. I know, it's quite strange, but I guess we all have our offbeat traditions and customs, and that is one of ours. And since its my dad we're celebrating here, we didn't hold back. Anyway, we can always have the excess wrapped and have it for breakfast. ;)

So to my dad... I always tell him this, but no matter what, I will always be his little girl. And my siblings and I are so blessed that we have him as a father. I could not ask for more. And if ever I would be reincarnated and  have first dibs as to who I want my father to be, I will still choose you, papa.

29 comments:

B.Inspired said...

Happy Birthday to your fabulous dad! What a great dinner and that seafood noodle dish is YUM... And I just had lunch not too long ago! He is so blessed to be so young with grown kids, and your Mom is beautiful! Wi...I'd never believe that we're the same age, you look about 22, just out of undergrad! Cheers to your family and enjoy the leftovers!

Andrea Marie said...

aww happy birthday to your dad! Looks like you guys had a wonderful time. All these food pics are making me so hungry haha! :D

xo andrea marie
peaceloveandreamarie.blogspot.com

Fashionistable said...

Happy Birthday to your Dad. Great family meal. My Mum still calls us her little girls. I guess it is all a matter of perspective. Xxxx

MEOW said...

aww happy birthday to ur daddy! :)
and the food looks great~!!

Preity Lama Tamang said...

Aww happy birthday to ur dad!! looks like it was a nice family time...Everything looks so DELISH!!
xoxo

tessa said...

aw happy birthday to your dad :) food looks delishhh!

couturelust

Jen said...

Awe, Happy Birthday to your papa. That is such a great tradition and the food looks amazing. I think if I had an allergy to seafood I would still eat it too, haha.

http://thesexylittleblog.blogspot.com/

Peiyinn said...

Happy Birthday to your dad. :)
The food seem yummy! :D

Vale ♥ said...

Happy birthday to your dear dad, it's so nice to read your words :)
Having a good dad is a true blessing ! Many kisses from Italy

http://fashionandcookies.blogspot.com

Kimmy said...

Happy Birthday to your Papa!! :)
Looks like you and your family had a wonderful time.

Thanks for dropping by and being a new follower!! I really appreciate it. :) New post is up, do drop by.

Have a great day lovely.

accidental encounters

Kel said...

Aw it sounds like such a wonderful family affair. Sounds like you and your family are very close and appreciative of each other, even if Asian customs don't always demonstrate it.

That does look like a lot of food but fresh seafood is oh so good!

Lots of love from Sydney,

x Kel

seeing steel magnolias

Lizzy said...

Happy Birthday to your dear father :D He looks so young for a 55 year old :D What a blessing ;D My family likes to celebrate our birthdays with a big meal at a Chinese restaurant too. I guess eating is a good birthday gift :D

Wow, the dishes look absolutely yummy. My favorite is the mountain of fried rice on the plate :D Yum yum, this post has got me hungry :P Lovely family pictures :)

xoxo
lizzy

--Sanam-- said...

aww, happy b-day to your dad :D & great photos :)

DayByDiva.Com
DayByDiva.Com

amy b.s. said...

looks like good food and a good time.

ade kurnianingrum handika putri said...

looks so yummy :)

samnang said...

IT was a cheerful time, isn't it!
How splendid time you have!

Anyway thank for visitin my blog and left me a wonderful comment..........In fact I was a follower of your blog aready, ANANG is my name.....

Sabrina said...

Looks delicious! Aww, this looks like such an adorable family outting. My family does this whole sorta thing too for birthdays- it's always so fun!

Sincerely,
Sabrina

Carrymel said...

All of that food looks incredible! *mouth waters* Happy birthday to your dad, hun! I'm so happy you enjoyed celebrating with him. I know when people get older and busy it becomes harder to make time for special occasions, but I'm glad you guys have put family time first.

SAMANTHA said...

looks like so much fun, you're adorable and so lucky to have such a great dad! and by the way, i agree with your thoughts on that french model!

www.dragonnfruit.com

Bubbly Mochi said...

Happy birthday to your dad!
the food looks yummy, oh and I made adobo last night since I've been craving for it since I last saw your post.

Silvia ♥ said...

Nice pictures and ur blog too!.
I follow you, I hope u do the same, xoxo.
silviajani.blogspot.com
:)

Dana Paramita said...

aaaaa all of foods make me hungry sweety, im fasting right now haha :D

LDM said...

wow happy birthday to your daddy! looks like you guys had a great night!

xx from hong kong :)
www.ldmldmldm.com

Ask Erena said...

Happy B-day to your dad! LOve your sense of humor:-)

hugs,
xx
Ask Erena
http://askerena.blogspot.com/

The Cat Hag said...

This is the sweetest entry, I love how close you are to your family.

Your photos make me miss my daddy too, and I only just spoke to him on the telephone a few hours ago! ;)


xoxo,
Addie
The Cat Hag

the nyanzi report said...

what a feast!

Ciccia said...

It's dinner time here in Rome...send me some of that great food!:)

paledivision said...

Everything look so yummy hehe. :)
I love your floral dress too, by the way!
x

http://paledivision.blogspot.com/

Blackswan said...

Wow, all the food esp the slipper lobster! Happy belated bday to your papa! I think he deserves more than a BIG HUG!