Saturday, August 20, 2011

Humour in Irony

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/25/61207359_9cb4a5ae9a.jpg
Earlier at the shop today, I received an SMS/text message and to my utter annoyance, my inbox was lagging! Ugh, it was as if it was lazily taking a stroll down the park before I finally get to open this single message and I knew immediately who the culprit was: ME.

I admit, I tend to be quite passive with the number of messages I've forgotten to delete in my inbox. I would read a message, reply, and poof! totally forget about "cleaning up". So it just piles up there, slowly eating up my phone's internal memory space and then finally, it comes full circle and bites me on my hind side. Again, bravo to myself for the self-pwnage. Haha

Whilst I was going through my gazillions of text messages that are seriously, a waste of inbox space, a certain forwarded message caught my eye. I remember laughing hysterically when I received this message so I'm going to share it to you.


5 Pearls of Wisdom To Remember


1. Money can't buy you happiness, but somehow, it's more glamorous to cry in a BMW than in a bus;

2. Forgive your enemy, but remember the bastard's name;

3. Help a man when he is in trouble and he will remember you when he screws up again;

4. Many people are alive ONLY because it's illegal to shoot them;

5. Alcohol doesn't solve any problem, but then again, neither does milk.


http://www.ghacks.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/gmail-500x125.jpg

Needless to say, I cleaned up my inbox, deleted all the unnecessary messages that I had been too lazy to delete the moment I was done replying to them, and saved this one. It sure doesn't fail to make me chuckle whenever I read this. So yup, this one's a keeper.

Post Script: I created a Facebook Page of my blog a few weeks ago, and it would totally make my day if you, my dear readers, would press the "Like" button on that page. It would be a nice way for us to interact at a more spontaneous platform than here on blogger. Click here to take you to my Facebook page or at the right sidebar. Thanks heaps! ♥ ♥ ♥

http://www.surajwebworld.com/graphics/
days_graphics/friday_graphics/friday_07.gif



20 comments:

Jessica said...

Thanks for your comment :)

http://chicgeekblogger.blogspot.com/

Please take a minute to look at my trunk show;

http://iouproject.com/tsh/jessica-karen/

Fashionistable said...

Oh I have to tidy up too. I liked the one you shared. Have a great weekend. Xxxx

Bravoe Runway said...

I need to clean out my inbox...it is bad! And also, this is officially why we are e-sisters...I say the SAME thing...I'd rather be miserable in my own jaguar than on public bus! It's totally true, money doesn't buy happiness but to be miserable and without money...that is the worst!

Ask Erena said...

LOL!!!!! Love your sense of humor:-)
hugs,
xx
Ask Erena
http://askerena.blogspot.com/

La Professionnelle said...

My phone company does not limit my inbox but it is worse: I get charged more for all of the space I keep!!

Ahhh!!

Anyway, thanks for sharing the inbox fun.


http://preponderance-of-fashion.blogspot.com/

Mikimoto Angel said...

Haha! These pearls of wisdom just made my day. I'm gong to share this to my friends, if you don't mind. :-D

Blackswan said...

OMG, I gotta shock when I saw the no. of mails in your box. Hahaha! On the other hand, I'm too efficient & always clear my trash box after deleting them. LOL!

Wi, thks for sharing the 5 Pearls of Wisdom! It makes my day :) Have a good weekend, deat!

Peiyinn said...

Like the 5 Pearls! :D
Have a happy Friday too. <3 <3

Syrious said...

whhhhhhhhhhat??? ahahahaha
they are a lot!!
cute blog! i'm following you by google friends box hope you'll do the same ONLY if' you'll like mine!
sweet italian kisses

Syriously in Fashion
Syriously Facebook Page
New Giveaway:create your Sunglasses

Ioana Liliana said...

Haha! So true!


Fashezine

paledivision said...

Haha, you're adorable. :)
This post is so cute!

Elliot MacLeod-Michael said...

Very useful words of wisdom there. And good God, that's a lot of messages.
+followed

Mitha Komala said...

i love that words of wisdom, nice post and blog <3

follow me if you love to, and i'll follow you back :)

http://mithakomala.blogspot.com

Kel said...

I'm super lazy with deleting things from my inbox too!

Yay you changed your font. I was about to suggest it (the other one was a bit distracting to read) but you beat me to it!

Lots of love from Sydney,

x Kel

cherry ripe time

LDM said...

lol at no.4!


xx from hong kong :)
www.ldmldmldm.com

Jessica said...

Thanks for your comment :)

http://chicgeekblogger.blogspot.com/

Please take a minute to look at my trunkshow;

http://iouproject.com/tsh/jessica-karen/

ARIO ACHDA said...

hahahahahah, this is freakin nice! copy-paste it directly to my BB status! *forgive ur enemy but remember the bastard's name* <--- this is genius!

ChiChi81 said...

@Everyone: Glad you guys enjoyed this post. And no... that photo was not the actual deleting of my phone's messages, but yeah the # of msgs on my inbox is within that range lol

The Cat Hag said...

Haha I love the pearls of wisdom, they made a tired me laugh, yay! :)


xoxo,
Addie
The Cat Hag

Carrymel said...

Hahaha! "Alcohol doesn't solve problems, but then again, neither does milk" - so true!! Alcohol clouds problems, which somehow is good for temporary relief.

This is a funny post, where have I been?! lol