Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Le Geek Meets Online Shopping

http://www.kickinthehead.org/kickinthehead3/comics/
2004-11-17-online-shopping-dangers.gif
I have a confession to make... I am a sucker for online shopping. Argh! I know, it's a bad habit >.<" Ever since people started selling stuff online via Facebook and Multiply, the beady-eyed shopping monster lurking within me finally popped out from its hiding place and showed me its tremendous power to control my mouse and my Paypal account. And it has eventually lead me to online shoppers' paradise: E-bay!

Haha... Okay, that's a bit over-the-top, and I'm still level-headed when it comes to my purchases so yep, I wouldn't really spend beyond my means. The last thing I want to happen is to have to go through the humiliation of having my card severed in half during check-out when I'm buying groceries.

So yeah... back to topic. Online shopping is really fun, especially on E-bay. To me, it's pretty convenient to shop through E-bay.There's an added thrill when you bid on an item. There's an unexplainable feeling of triumph and joy whenever I win an auction. I guess it's my competitive nature that got me hooked on E-bay but then again, maybe it's just my shopaholic tendencies haha.

The only downside here is that you have to wait for the items to actually be within your grasp, especially for me since I am from the Southeast Asian region and hmm it seems like we're not a priority destination of post offices and forwarding companies when they dispatch their cargo. But oh well, that's the price I have to pay for being stingy and for having 24/7 internet at my disposal haha.

Lately I have been on the look-out for the perfect BB Cream. I'm pretty sure most of you have heard of it, but in case you haven't yet, I'll write a post about it soon (don't wanna make this post too long and boring haha).

Image from http://www.chartherct.com
And in my city, it's not that popular yet so most of the shops here don't carry a lot of brands, just the ones have a flagship store like Skin Food, Etude House and The Face Shop and there are some specialty shops that sell them on retail but, oh boy... they are quite pricey. I scoffed them off and turn towards my ever-so-reliable option and as expected, it didn't disappoint me. Enter a few keywords and ta-daa!! I have about 17 pages of BB Creams to choose from, and that's just ONE brand! Pretty nifty huh?

I found a couple of sellers that are from within my country and since I haven't tried using BB creams before, I opted for the more practical way of testing out a totally new type of cosmetic for me:


I purchased a trial pack. I've been using it for more than a week now, and so far, I have no untoward reaction to it. In fact, it has cut down my make-up regimen significantly! I was so happy with it that I finally decided to purchase a bigger bottle (a different brand tho).

I am eagerly anticipating your arrival.....

As of press time, my Missha BB Cream is making its way towards me, all the way from S. Korea. And I am so ecstatic to finally get my hands on it. 

What about you? Have you ever purchased something off E-bay? 



18 comments:

Peiyinn said...

I would like to have a try on BB cream too. :D

Bravoe Runway said...

O.M.G....ok how much more similar could we possibly get? I LOVEEEEEEE Ebay! I have bought so much stuff from ebay, I literally will always check to see what is there before I buy anywhere else because I like to set my own price! I also sell things on ebay too! And that cartoon? That is me, I have memorized my American Express credit card number. I've never heard of BB cream until I read it on various bloggers who specialize in beauty products. It has gotten great reviews so I can't wait to read your post on it!

amy b.s. said...

i too am such a sucker for online shopping because i hate shopping in general! and ebay and i generally get along very well.

Amanda Nguyen said...

i don't know anyone who is NOT a sucker for online shopping...there's just so much out there right at your finger tips....and it's so easy to shop online!!


<3Amanda
feast.fashion.faves
ENTER my GIVEAWAY!

larissa said...

Hahah lovely post. I'm not the Ebay kind of girl, but looove online shopping. It's soo dangerous! ;) xo.
http://fromhatstoheels.blogspot.com/

Lyosha said...

online shopping is a sickness so true!
very nice blog - follwoing you now

Lyosha
Inside and Outside Blog

Meagan said...

Online shopping can be so addictive. I do it every once in a while but I try to make myself actually go into stores cause I always feel like I get way better deals that way.
-Meagan
http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

J▲Y said...

All these posts are so motivating to finally do the unthinkable.. YES.. I HAVE NEVER SHOPPED ONLINE, YET!
Thanks for the motivation girl.
Xx Jay

http://JAYSTRUT.com

Kel said...

From one Ebay junkie to another, I gotta say, it's pretty awesome when you trump that other bidder and end up winning by one dollar!

Nothing beats the feeling.

Lots of love from Sydney,

x Kel

talking all things French

Blackswan said...

Wi, that makes another thing in common that we share. LOL! I'm a shopperholic, be it online or offline. Hahaha!

Sweetie, you're tagged in Play The 7 Links Challenge! because u're so adorable! Chk it out!

LDM said...

tell me about it! i'm obsessed with any online shopping site with free shipping!

xx from hong kong :)
www.ldmldmldm.com

the nyanzi report said...

online shopping is so addictive that one needs rehab sometimes.

Desiree♥ said...

cool blog!
followed you!follow me back!
http://desireekoo.blogspot.com/

Miss Kwong said...

thx for sharing! :)
hope the new BB cream works for u!

Follow me on:
Miss Kwong - Art and Fashion

Sara said...

Omg! It’s like you’re in my head – I’m also pretty obsessed with online shopping and Ebay it’s pretty much heaven to me, I’m a masterful bidder if I can say myself:)))). The only bad things are I usually have to pay a lot for the delivery (another small perk of leaving in Eastern Europe), also many of the sellers I like don’t deliver in Romania and it takes weeks for something from Asia or the Usa to arrive here (and then we have the taxes if I order something outside de European Union). Also I’m on a tight budget but I DO love online shopping and often indulge!:)

Pop Culture&Fashion Magic

Jen said...

Hahaha. I love online shopping too. Your description was hilarious. <333

http://thesexylittleblog.blogspot.com/

yoli said...

I would like to buy more stuff on ebay or places like that, but I don't usually do it...

btw! you have awards on my blog!

Online Shopping In Pakistan said...

I love to see this blog lots of effort on this blog keep sharing On this blog thanks for sharing God bless u