Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Weekend Report Deux

So, another weekend has passed and my gosh... how time flies huh? I can't believe it's August already woots!

I thought this would be an uneventful weekend, I mean, I was on prophylactic antibiotics for a week so I was on house arrest including the whole weekend thus... no Saturday night-out *sad*. Totally off-topic but I feel I must mention this as a health care provider: I strongly advise you, my dear readers, that whenever you are on antibiotic therapy, please refrain from alcohol consumption. It will not only cause a reaction (either it will potentiate or deactivate your antibi's), but also overwork your kindeys and your liver, causing you toxicity or worse... organ damage which can lead to organ failure. Ok, boring lecture done, lemme get back on track. So basically, I was cooped up at home, chillaxing haha.

On Sunday, I headed to the shopping center with my sis and her bf and tadaaa! I found out they were holding the Cyber Expo 2011 there. Being the geek that I was, I just had to check it out. So after we had dinner, I dragged them both to the atrium to see the expo. When I got there, my gosh, it was nerd paradise. All those amazing CPU set-ups, the latest, state-of-the art Video Cards, LED monitors, RAM, Processors were on display! It was every geek's dreamland, including mine.

Here are some photos of the crème de la crème CPU set-ups I had seen there:
Pirates of the Carribean - inspired CPU
how friggin' adorable is that??
The tallest CPU in the whole Expo, I'm pretty sure
you won't lag when playing MMO's with this one 
This got a thumbs-up because it's Lavender,
including the water coolant system ^.^
And the one that really caught my eye and my delight is this one.... tadaa!

It's not an aquarium, it's a L.U.M.O.S. CPU!

Now, Cyber gatherings would not be complete without Cosplay, and even though it's still at its early stage in my city, there were a number of Cosplayers present during the expo. There was one who was Cosplaying as Misa of Death Note and I really wanted to take her photo but my sister and her bf were in quite a hurry to leave because their movie was about to start so I quickly took a snap of these cosplayers: 



And just to make matters clear: I did not do Cosplay myself. I would, probably, but not now. I need to trim down so I wouldn't make a disaster out of my costume and a complete fool of myself hahaha. I wore this instead: 

Dress : Maldita

I have to admit, I am a bit of a geek haha. That's another facet of me, which I believe, I haven't shared with you just yet. I love a really pimped out computer set-up as much as I love shoes.. and hand bags... and perfume.. and my long distance affair... and K-pop... Yeah, I am a myriad of things all mashed up into one. 

So, that was my weekend. Nothing much, really, but it was quite good. I am off the antibiotics now so haha... looking forward to my upcoming weekend. ^.~

How was your weekend? I'd love to hear about it. Cheers!

20 comments:

Rapuncela said...

I'm a new fan of your blog!!! :*

The Cat Hag said...

That expo sure looks exciting!

I always love to go to such electronics expos... The bargains to be picked up! :)))

I really liked that Pirates of the Carribean CPU.


xoxo,
Addie
The Cat Hag
Join My Giveaway

Christine Yun said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog! Means a lot to me! Looks like you had a fun time at the Expo. That Lumo's CPU looks crazy cool!

-Christine
http://trendenvy.blogspot.com

Catherine said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog!
That's a really pretty dress :)

Also, I heard that Disneyland HK is really fun! Random, but I heard in Japan there's Sanrio Land :O

http://catherineava.blogspot.com/

B.Inspired said...

My weekend totally flew by! What an assortment of CPUs...LOL! I think you looked absolutely adorable in this outfit casually chic for the weekend!

Miss Kwong said...

sounds exciting!!! :)

Follow me on:
Miss Kwong

yoli said...

I'm a bit geek too... hahaha

Sara said...

Hi dear, thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, your blog is lovely and I’m now a follower!

Pop Culture&Fashion Magic

Carrymel said...

okay so this ENTIRE post was very geeky but it's adorable that you were able to share it with us! lol I have my moments too. Like, for example, I had a "phase" where I was legitimately addicted to Sims games. It was all I did with my time and I was counting down until any new game was released! It was crazy lol

Glad you enjoyed your geekified weekend, hun ;]

LDM said...

glad you had a good weekend! i had a good time with my best friend at her birthday too!

xx from hong kong :)
www.ldmldmldm.com

Natajka said...

I'd like to invite you to visit my blog. I present there very sweet jewellery made by myself:) I'm sure you'll find there something for you:) greetings from Poland:*

http://natajka89.blogspot.com/

Ask Erena said...

That dress is so cute! Sounds like you had a great weekend!
hugs,
xx
Ask Erena
http://askerena.blogspot.com/

Mikimoto Angel said...

very nice CPU designs.i like the lavender one. and i like your Maldita dress big time. :-)

Mikimoto Angel said...

by the way, zabadani is located at ponciano street just beside tesoro's printing press. :-)

buy rift account said...

cool expo. i don't know but time really is running so fast=/

ChiChi81 said...

@Everyone: I know this is kind of dorky, posting about tech and stuff but I appreciate all of your for the lovely comments ;)

@CarryMel: Hahaha Yes, I admit I am a geek and lol.. Expos like this one is something I just could not pass up, I need to see it and make myself go green with envy seeing all those high performance PC's hahaha

@Mikimoto Angel: thank you so much for giving me the location, will check out that cafe soon.

Have a great weekend everyone, cheers!

Lorena said...

Your page is so pretty! Took a minute to look around and u have a really nice site so I added you thru Google Connect..maybe we can follow each other? I just started my blog 4 months ago about travel & design and I would appreciate the support so much!.. I want to make it a place where people can come for escape and inspiration. Please come visit soon and hopefully you like it enough to follow along also :-)

Glad to have found your site!

Hugs from NYC
TravelDesignery.com

.

Lorena said...

Your page is so pretty! Took a minute to look around and u have a really nice site so I added you thru Google Connect..maybe we can follow each other? I just started my blog 4 months ago about travel & design and I would appreciate the support so much!.. I want to make it a place where people can come for escape and inspiration. Please come visit soon and hopefully you like it enough to follow along also :-)

Glad to have found your site!

Hugs from NYC
TravelDesignery.com

.

Sara said...

Hi dear, thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, your blog is lovely and I’m now a follower!

Pop Culture&Fashion Magic

Christine Yun said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog! Means a lot to me! Looks like you had a fun time at the Expo. That Lumo's CPU looks crazy cool!

-Christine
http://trendenvy.blogspot.com