Monday, August 15, 2011

Weekend Report: Trois

This weekend was uneventful, pretty quiet really... I didn't do much. The weather had been a little gloomy the past few days, and it was always raining during the night so I decided I'd stay in instead of hitting the town on a Saturday night. Yes... I'm old and boring now *zzzz*


I have work on a Saturday, part of being a shop owner, but it's fine. I love hanging around my shop and watch the passers-by and be so delighted when they come in and buy something. Saturday is also payday for my saleslady, so I must be present at the shop to compute her payroll and pay her wages. Because it was gloomy out with high probability of rain in the early evening, I decided to wear a scarf to keep me warm.
Top: Terranova
Scarf: From a local Department Store on SALE
Denim Skirt: From BKK and pretty old ( 3 y.o)

Since I made up my mind about staying in, I volunteered to cook dinner for my family. I know, the horror!!! I am not a good cook, in fact, I can BARELY cook, but my sister has been patiently teaching me the ABC's of cooking and the basics in Filipino cooking. I left the shop earlier than usual to buy the ingredients for the gourmet feast (haha.... I can dream, can't I?) I was about to prepare for my beloved familia.

My haul! I now <3 sesame oil...

My menu consisted of Garlic Prawns from Shirley of Shirley's Luxury Haven and my own specialty, Tuna in Orange marmalade, Garlic, and Margarine marinade. Pretty nifty huh, noobie cook trying to tackle seafood, woots! When I got home, I quickly changed, and took charge of the kitchen. And ding ding, hair tied back, sleeves rolled up, and of course, hands washed clean, the cooking commences! I prepared the tuna first, because I had to marinade it. After I was done with my first dish, I started out with my second dish... the prawns. I had a little trouble de-veining the prawn at first because well, it's my first time to prepare and cook prawns, but after a while, I got the hang of it.

So here's the finished product:

Left: Tuna in Orange Marmalade, Garlic and Margarine Marinade (my own recipe);
Right Garlic Prawns (Recipe from Shirley's Luxury Haven)

I was a little nervous when I finally called everyone to the dinner table. I was afraid my family wouldn't like it, especially my dad since he's a bit of a picky eater. But to my surprise, and much to my relief, my cooking passed! Woots! Nyaahahahha! Hurray for the noob! Such a great feeling when the people you're cooking for actually liked the dish you prepared. It motivates me to work on my cooking abilities.

Another thing that occurred this weekend was that I crossed paths with two people who did me wrong in the past.When I bumped into them, I can tell they very shocked to see me, and I could sense the awkwardness they were feeling, but instead of slapping them in the face or publicly humiliate them, I smiled at them and politely chatted with them and then walked away to go about what I was set to do. 

A few months ago, I would've killed them on sight because what they did to me was very deceitful and hurtful. Those two people were big contributors to my breakdown a year ago which nearly left me depressed and hopeless. But I dunno, I guess time has a way of taking away all the pain and anger. Plus, if I kept harbouring all these ill feelings and bad thoughts towards them, I could never move on and be happy and yeah, that would make me ugly and I don't ever want that to happen, no way man! hahaha It's so liberating to finally let go of your grudges, it's like a heavy load was lifted off my shoulders. 

So there you have it, that was my uneventful weekend. If you want to try out my Tuna recipe, go check out my Facebook page. Since I had so much time in my hands last night, I created a page for my blog ;) And if it's not too much of an inconvenience, kindly press the like button as well, I would truly appreciate it. Click here to visit my Facebook Page.

So what about you, how was your weekend? Was it exciting or uneventful as mine was? Please do share, I'd love to hear about it. 



Cheers! (^.^)v

28 comments:

Sam said...

I love to read about your life! Keep up the good work!

Love, Sam
http://sammthing.blogspot.com

Ask Erena said...

Gorgeous scarf!
hugs,
xx
Ask Erena
http://askerenablogspot.com

Kel said...

Glad to hear that things are going well and you're the bigger person to let that stuff pass and move on. It shows you can always been the stronger party even if you've been wronge and I'm sure it taught them a lesson or two realising that.

Love that you cooked dinner for the familia. I've never braved such an exercise!

Lots of love from Sydney,

x Kel

absorbing optimistic rays

Jen said...

Food looks delicious. :)

http://thesexylittleblog.blogspot.com/

lhamo Mashutzo said...

Fun is the part of life and we deserve to have good time in life.

Mikimoto Angel said...

I wish I can also cook a hearty meal for my family. The last time I did, they didn't like it. The horror indeed!

BTW, can you teach me how to make a blog button or badge? :-)

Peiyinn said...

The food seem yummy! I'm bad in cook :(

Blackswan said...

OMG Wi, u look so sweet here & what a beautiful post! Your dishes look great & thks for trying my recipe. I've posted your pix at my Facebook Fan Page Album with a link to your post! Keep your recipes coming!

Mery said...

I will of course look more often. !

marysia-k.blogspot.com

Inopportune . said...

nice blog :)

LDM said...

i made garlic prawns from a masterchef recipe and my bf loved it! you should. try their recipes!

xx from hong kong :)
www.ldmldmldm.com

Fashionistable said...

I congratulate you for making a wonderful meal for your family and mostly for having the strength to speak to your aggressors and then walk on. I applaud your strength. Well done. Xxxx

Preity Lama Tamang said...

u look so effin adorable!! love the scarf!!
xx

Amanda Nguyen said...

aaw sorry you had such a gloomy day!! but lookin cute girl!! LOVE the scarf!! and such yummy food :)


thanks so much for your comments lately...you are too sweet!!

<3Amanda
feast.fashion.faves

Robbie said...

Sounds like you had a fairly decent weekend, the meal sounds delicious.
Mine was very bland, although we had a BBQ Sunday night which was delicious.
x

http://www.theothersideofthepondmydear.blogspot.com

lucylu. said...

I was craving garlic prawns last night! x

sharpest-lives@blogspot.com

zizi bloom said...

i follow you back!!!
zizi
www.zizibloom.blogspot.com

Lizzy said...

Wow, the food made looks YUMMY :) I'm a noob in cooking too :P My mom is a great cook so I'm going to ask her to teach me all the cooking skills she knows! :)

Glad your family loved your food, when a picky eater says it's good, it must be truly GOOD :D

You did good when you didn't slap those people who did you wrong, although that's exactly what I always think of doing when I see those who did me wrong :P I think they don't even deserve our time so we'll be the good person :D

I did nothing much on the weekends. Visited a thousand blogs :D
xoxo
lizzy
Visited your FB page! :)

Erika Lucia said...

Wooow...you are a truly GOOD and BRAVE person to confront the people who hurt you! I agree that it is better not to hold grudges. You seem like a nice and kind person, so it´s their lose!
PS! The shrimp looks absolutely delicious...

xo

erikaluciahuda.blogspot.com

The Cat Hag said...

Babe, it's wonderful to read about how gracious you were to people who have hurt you previously. This means you are the bigger person who bears them no ill will. ♥♥

Hehe, and I used to be not able to cook too, but have managed to master it after a few months. Now I cook almost everyday. :)


xoxo,
Addie
The Cat Hag

Diane said...

I want to eat the prawnsssss!!!!!

StyleCeviche.blogspot.com
x

B.Inspired said...

One of the most favorite dishes my mom makes are garlic prawns!!! OMG it is always a treat to enjoy that, she doesn't make it often but when she does yours truly will devour 1/2 the dish! I also didn't know that you own a shop? What kind of shop do you own? And as for running into two lousy people I think you did the right thing and carried yourself off with grace! I am proud of you doll :)

Rapuncela said...

Hi dear :)
You know that I was on a trip and I saw many beautiful things :) waterfall for example ;)
I very like your scarf :)))

Chari T said...

LOVE THE SCARF!!!!! it's so...funky!!!! the food looks YUM!!!!...thanks for stopping by and commenting
Chari T (deep fried stilettos)

Velociraptor said...

Mmm delicious! You are so good to your family!


tacoandfreecandy.blogspot.com

Miss Kwong said...

ur life is lovely! <3

Follow me on:
Miss Kwong - Art and Fashion

larissa said...

Haha staying at home is good at times :) especially when good food is involved haha.
xo.
http://fromhatstoheels.blogspot.com/

Taj Acosta said...

I loved reading this! You are such a dear! That tuna looks delish and I loved that you were able to chat with those two from your past, shows great strength and character! xo -Taj