Saturday, September 10, 2011

Korean Idol Featurette: Kim Jung Eun

This is my very first Korean Idol Featurette post and what better way to breakthrough than to feature my most favourite Korean Drama Actress. So here she is, my dear readers... Meet the very talented, beautiful and spunky actress..... Kim Jung Eun (김정은)!


Here are some tidbits about Kim Jung Eun (김정은):

Age: 35 years old
Date of Birth: March 4, 1976
Born in: Seoul, South Korea
Status: Single (as far I have researched, that is)
Infamous Hook-Up: Lee Seo-Jin
Most Recent Drama: I Am Legend (SBS, 2010)
Most Recent Film: Le Grand Chef 2 (2010)
Most Recent Fashion Award: 3rd Style Icon Awards: Style Icon: TV Actress Category (2010)
Talents: Playing the piano and flute
Brave Admission: Openly admitted to have undergone plastic surgery at a TV show



I first noticed Kim Jung Eun on the drama, Lovers In Paris which was aired in 2004. At that time, I wasn't that much into K-dramas because I was still hung-over Taiwanese Dramas. Yes, I was quite the F4 fan before (still am, actually). What really endeared me to KJE is her wide-eyed "caught off-guard" expressions and her utmost dedication to her character. This is one actress who will go the mile just to stay in her character. She is not afraid to look silly and act goofy when the scenes from her dramas call for it. And yes, this woman has an amazing sense of fashion, truly deserving of her Style Icon award.

At the 2010 Style Icon Awards
Being the star that she is, KJE is not far from controversies and real-life melodrama. In 2006, she met Lee Seo-Jin at the set of the drama, Lovers. Lee Seo-Jin played the role of a wealthy businessman/gangster while KJE was a plastic surgeon. The two characters first met under false impressions of each other and eventually fell in love with one another and in the process, they got entangled in the dark and complicated world of the mobs. 

Lovers (2006)
The love story between their characters was so intense, that eventually these two brought their on-screen romance into reality. Fans of the two were so ecstatic and supportive of the couple and have even speculated that these two would end up tying the knot. They were so candid about their relationship, and Lee Seo-Jin was so open about his affection towards KJE. He even serenaded her at her talk show, Chocolate. 

KJE going public about the break-up at her talk show, Chocolate
But in 2008, shocking news stunned fans of the couple. After 2 years of being together, the couple broke up. To add insult to injury, Lee Seo-Jin initiated the break-up via text message. Later on, rumours about the break-up started surfacing and points that the reason for the demise of their romance was Lee Seo-Jin's mother's disapproval of the relationship. 

Indeed, this woman has been down in the dumps but despite her tragic heartbreak, she didn't wither away. She continued to work hard with her dramas, her talk show, and continued to make movies and look fabulous. Now, isn't that the best way to get back at the guy that dumped you? Beware of the woman scorned, they say.

KOFFLA Event in L.A
At the 47th Daejong Film Awards
Opening of Marc Jacobs Flagship Store in Shinsadong
In 2010, KJE was offered to play the lead role in the drama, I Am Legend (나는 전설이다) wherein she was able to impress her fans with her guitar skills and her singing ability. In the drama she plays a 30-something privileged but unhappy housewife who had enough of her mother-in-law's meddling and belittling of her and her husband's indifference. 


She divorced the husband, walked away from the luxuries and comforts of being a "madam", followed her dreams,  formed a band with her friends from high school and found true happiness, not in the arms of another man, but through her music (although there is a guy who was falling for her *haha*).

To end this first featurette, I would like to share these photos of KJE's outfits (which I really adore) in the drama, I Am Legend.






Post Script: This is my very first weekly feature, and to be honest I'm feeling quite nervous about this. This is something very new to me, usually I just post whatever random thought I have in my mind, and to do something that's structured is quite unnerving. I hope I delivered what I promised you, dear readers. And please bear with me, it's my first time and quite frankly, I am still in the woods about this whole featurette thing *haha* Luv y'all! Til next weekend!


Sources: 
Thundie's Prattle
KJE World
Kim Jung Eun Facebook Page
Crunchy Roll
soompi
CoolSmurf Domain

41 comments:

STYLEblog by Allfashionblogs.com said...

She really looks gorgeous. I'm Korean but as I live in Germany, I don't know many Korean actresses. :( But I love Korean dramas. :D

xoxo

BunBun said...

Gosh she's so innocent looking for a woman in her 30s! I'm so jealous! I'm tempted to start watching Korean dramas - right now I'm only into the music - but I don't know which ones are best xxx

Keeping up with E.S.E.M said...

wow she is gorgeous! i love her sense of style!

x


shop style conquer

The Cat Hag said...

She is gorgeous, and I really wanna watch the drama Lovers now!! :)


xoxo,
Addie
The Cat Hag

ade kurnianingrum handika putri said...

she's awsome <33

Mitha Komala said...

hey dear thankyou so much for the lovely comment <3 i love this review of yours, great post!

http://mithakomala.blogspot.com/

the nyanzi report said...

beautiful!

Jessica said...

She has such an adorable style, thanks for your comment!!

http://chicgeekblogger.blogspot.com/

Please take a minute to look at my trunkshow;

http://iouproject.com/tsh/jessica-karen/

Flaviana Boni said...

I like her!

Dress up for armageddon

Joanna K. said...

lovely post!!

Kim L. said...

she's pretty! :)
my favourite is Song Hye Gyo. I hope you like her too and will feature her.

xoxo

Kimmy

paledivision said...

Aw, she really is extremely gorgeous and manages to pull off anything. Loving the feature, thanks for sharing. (: xo

http://paledivision.blogspot.com/

Bravoe Runway said...

Wii!!! This is a fantastic post! This was what I expected but even BETTER! I don't know anything about K-drama but now...I want to rent it to watch it! And did I read you use to watch Taiwanese Dramas??? I am actually Taiwanese and have not watched any of the dramas since I was a kid! You must do a coverage on atleast 1 or 2 of your faves! OK now KJE is gorgeous and I can tell she can play any role and you can believe that is the role she is playing, rich madam, music rock star! I love that white dress with the black trim and pearl and diamond necklace in the last set of photos! And what a moron to break up with her via text...men are so childish! Can't wait to see next week's edition of K-Drama fantasy!

Bad Joan said...

Love her, she's gorgeous!

GTBB,
http://badjoan.blogspot.com
http://cookingjoan.blogspot.com

lucylu. said...

she looks lovely! x

sharpest-lives@blogspot.com

Lizzy said...

KJE is really pretty :) I love her flawless white skin, most Korean girls have really great complexion! I just envy them :)

I saw a couple of KJE's dramas before, although my memories of watching her shows are kinda blurry :P She's a really nice gal not to mention gorgeous! You picked out so many lovely pictures of her :) She looks great in those dresses!

P.S I'm feeling better already :) After reading your sweet comment, I feel energized :DD

xoxo
lizzy
xCan't wait for your next featurettex

The Vogue Advisor said...

Amazing blog!!!!
Laura
THE VOGUE ADVISOR

Nava Krishnan said...

She looks really good and nice sense of dressing.

Jessica said...

Thanks for your comment, great post!

http://chicgeekblogger.blogspot.com/

Please take a minute to look at my trunkshow;

http://iouproject.com/tsh/jessica-karen/

alexandra grecco said...

Really wonderful post. She's beautiful!
xo
Alexandra Grecco

Miss Kwong said...

koreans are gorgeous...but 85% of them have plastic surgery
Follow me on:
Miss Kwong - Art and Fashion

LDM said...

ohhh i've seen some of her shows! she's funny!!

xx from hong kong :)
www.ldmldmldm.com

Lyosha said...

she's so pretty! great post!

Lyosha
Inside and Outside Blog

Sarin Aladadi said...

she's simply GORGEOUS. there's really no other way to put it! You mentioned korean drama.. have you seen boy over flowers.. I LOVE THAT SHOW!!

Lots of Love,
Sarin

ps. thanks so much for the comment<3

Bravoe Runway said...

Chichi I think our Mom's must be long lost sisters as well! My mom keeps urging me to wear mini skirts... She kept saying in our last photo shoot, ok no more knee length skirts, you are only 30 not 50 so no sin in wearing a mini! :D We are super close and we do have similar taste so I feel luck to have a mom as fab as her :)

LORENA said...

wow she's beautiful! Nice post :-)


TravelDesignery.com

.

Fashionistable said...

No reason to be nervous honey pie, girl has done good. This is a well thought out and written post. I can see why you chose to feature KJE she is special. I am so glad she split with that guy - any guy who leaves you because his mother say so is a woose that you are better off without. Xxxx

Carrymel said...

You did an awesome job on this, Wi - especially for this to be your first one! It read like a story and I actually feel like I've been missing out by only being acquainted with American stars. Kim is very stylish and pretty and does NOT look like she's in her 30's at all! Hmm, must be nice lol. And she's also extremely talented!

Kel said...

I used to be really into Korean Dramas in high school though more into the (then) younger generation like Song Hye Gyo, Hyun Bin and the others. I remember how much I got caught up in news of their personal lives too. I never quite got into Lovers in Paris, having only caught a couple of minutes when my mum was watching. But now I feel a kdrama marathon coming on, even if I am embarrassingly outdated!

Lots of love from Sydney,

x Kel

melbourne: bows and zara

Quay Po Cooks said...

I don't watch Korean movies very much. This actress is truly gorgeous! Now you get me curious about her:D

Silvia ♥ said...

Lovely post, swetty :), xoxo!.
silviajani.blogspot.com

Natali said...

she is so beautiful and very young for her age

Blackswan said...

Wi, when I looked at the 1st pix, I couldn't recognize who this actress was. Then I scrolled down..... OMG, I watched Lovers in Paris! I know her!!! She's gorgeous!

Hey, I'm so happy that some of my readers are coming to your blog as well. Well done, sweetie! Happy blogging!

Lala said...

thank you so much for your lovely comment :)

I really like this actress, she is so pretty :)

xo lala

Michelle's Style File said...

So beautiful!!

x
Michelle
www.michellesstylefile.blogspot.com

Sarah Bahbah said...

soo many nice clothes!!

A single girls musing- what happens when you get a partner? hehehe.

x

raisedbythewolves.blogspot.com

amy b.s. said...

such great style!

Erika said...

I really like your blog, I follow you! want to follow Each Other? :)

like this: http://www.facebook.com/ #! / pages/My-free-choice/156958107665368

kiss
Erika
www.myfreechoice.net
twitter: Erika_Boldrin

Allegra said...

lovely post!

I NEED YOUR HELP! I'm taking part in the bloggers wardrobe competition - please please please vote for me by liking:

1. http://www.facebook.com/bloggerswardrobe

2. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=210022279058096&set=a.210019082391749.53433.199739743419683&type=1&theater

every like counts! please help me win this!

mwan said...

i remember who she is ,love watching korean series
http://mwanwan.blogspot.com

Vee said...

She's stunning =) very beautiful in an innocent way !
I've only watched one drama (japanese one) called "Otomen" and I loved it !! I should really watch more =)

xxx Vee