Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sunday Special

An Ang Pao for this special day

Yesterday was filled with two very memorable events. First off, my shop, Creole Fashion, turned one year old yestie! Hurray!!! Time really flies when you're having a blast. I'm still at awe at how quickly the days have rolled by. I remember the day I decided to open Creole Fashion. My sister already owns a shop within the same shopping complex and heard that a shopkeeper decided to give up her space. I had just returned from my trip to Australia and had just been accepted to be a nurse trainee at a hospital in my city (yes, my dearies, I am a Registered Nurse lol).


At first I was skeptical about the whole thing I mean, how can I run a shop and work at the hospital at the same time? But then again it dawned to me, I will need to put food on my plate, maintain my wide array of cosmetics and beauty products AND buy clothes. Being a nurse trainee, I won't get paid, so I will need to find means to supplement my basic and not-so-basic necessities! My stint at the hospital was only good for 3 months, and I didn't have to start right away, I had about a month to go before it was set to commence so, after thoughtful consideration and thorough discussion with my sister, I decided to rent the place and open up!

Opening Day Window Display (September 18, 2010)

It was hectic at first, luckily I wasn't on shift schedules, so I managed to juggle being a nurse and being a shop owner. My sister was very helpful as well, she would look after the shop while I was at the hospital and kept an eye on my sales assistant and the cash register. After my stint at the hospital, I now manage the shop full time.

With My Godfather, Henry, and my parents

Another memorable event yesterday was meeting with my Godfather for the first time since my baptismal! Talk about better late than never! *haha* Although I received a couple of Ang Pao's and presents from him during Christmas, I never got the chance to meet him when I was younger because of his really busy schedule and commitments. He contacted my father last week and expressed how much he wanted to see me in person. After all, his last memory of me was that of a milk-munching, bawling little baby. And his memories of our last meeting are probably blurred. We met up at a quaint restaurant named Bigby's Cafe, had a lovely Pescado Al Fresco meal, and did some much deserved, long-awaited catching up. It was just so sweet and a bit funny that he still gave me an Ang Pao, even though I'm no little girl anymore. But of course, I accepted it graciously, thanked him, and did not take a peek on the content until I got home (opening the red packet in front of the giver would be so rude). As I always say, it's the thought that counts. And I am truly touched and thankful we had a chance to meet again. 

There are so many reasons for us to be thankful for our everyday lives; whether it's in celebration of something monumental, meeting someone we haven't seen in decades, or simply basking in the joys of life. Truly, we all are blessed, it's just a matter of perspective that makes us appreciate the blessings that come our way.


30 comments:

SassyUptownChic said...

Congratulations on the anniversary ChiChi! That's a major accomplishment and should definitely be commended. I applaud and am very happy for you! :)

http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

SassyUptownChic xoxo Kim

Sam said...

Congratulations on your store birthday!
May it bring you many more successful years :)

Bravoe Runway said...

Congratulations on the first year Wii! That is not an easy task and so many small businesses struggle during the first year so I am very proud of you! You are doing a fantastic job juggling the store, everyday life, as well as blogging...and keeping up with K drama and idols! Thank you for sharing with us the anniversary of your store as well as your godfather. You look like your mom, totally.....both of you are very beautiful :)

Amanda Nguyen said...

whoa you have a shop! that's awesome!! congrats on your one year!!

<3Amanda
feast.fashion.faves
'Like' on FB!
Twitter-@feastfashionfav

Meagan said...

Your shop looks so fun! Congratulations on one year!
-Meagan
http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

CHULALA said...

congrats on ur shop.. Bdw check out my blog n lets follow each other

chuchu-chulala.blogspot.com/

Taj Acosta said...

wow that is such a great story! Congrats on the 1yr of your shop!! xo

MEOW said...

hi girlie~ sorry i havent been on blogging in a while :) ive been pretty busy~!!! but congrats on going back to nursing! how long is ur training gonna be?? :D
and congrats on 1 year in opening ur store too~~~!

Femme Virtue said...

must be nice to own ur own clothing store!!!

Mimi said...

aww, congrats on your store's first year! that is truly a big accomplishment! and time really does fly -- it's crazy! :)

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
$25 Apothica Gift Card Giveaway :)

ChiChi81 said...

@Everyone: Thanks for the well wishes and the kind words! It really means a lot to me.

@Bravoe Runway: Thanks sis, yeah, the first year is like a rite of passage for small businesses, I'm just so thankful I manage to keep it afloat ;)

@MEOW: Hi girlie! Haha that's alright. And actually, my training at the hospital ended January of this year. My training started a month after I opened the shop, it lasted 3 months :) Will go back to nursing probably next year, if all goes well haha

Kel said...

Wow it seems like a milestone for many wonderful things in your life. I really hope all these good things, new and old, continue to fulfill your life.

Lots of love from Sydney,

x Kel

making a marque

Mr Lonely said...

congrats 1 year anniversary to your Creole Fashion website ~ =D

Regards,
http://www.lonelyreload.com (A Growing Teenager Diary) ..

Scarlet Letter said...

congrats on your first year! my sister and i just opened our shop last july. and it's such a blast.

Jen said...

Wow, congratulations all around. And that's so cool you got to meet your Godfather finally. <3


xoxo
http://thesexylittleblog.blogspot.com/

Peiyinn said...

Congratulation!I'm glad for you.
You have great day with them :)

Vee said...

That's amazing you have your own shop =) !!! Congrats ! One year it's something =) !!

I'm very curious ... What's an Ang Pao ??

xxx Vee

Erika said...

thank you for comment!

kiss
Erika


www.myfreechoice.net

Lizzy said...

Hey!:)

I agree, time does fly super fast when we're happy, that seriously sucks >< Congrats on your store's anniversary :D You're amazing, a nurse and an owner of a store? That's really awesome. Glad you had a great time btw! :)

xoxo
lizzy

Fashionistable said...

Congratulations on you 1st year anniversary. It is very cool you managed to juggle it with your nursing to start with.. And what a surprise to meet your Godfather again after all this time. Xxxx

Sam said...

Thanks for your comment dear. You are always so sweet!

The Beautifier said...

Congratulations on your store anniversary, hun!! Loving your blog, keep it up!! xoxo

Momo said...

Congratulations dear!! I recive every year a Ang Pao, haha ~ You look great =3 I have a giveaway in my blog, hope you can participate ~

Momo,
www.letmedream.es

Jason said...

Love it! Great blog - awesome design! Followed! Good update!

Vicky said...

Cool Pictures! you look cute !! xx


new post: click here
follow me

Rosamond Kim said...

Congrats on the new opportunities!

CINDY NGO said...

congratulations! i bet it's quite difficult to juggle having to tend to the shop and being a nurse but more power to you, girl! :)

thanks for sharing this with us. and it's nice to meet your grandfather again. i definitely miss mine... how i wish i could see them again. & i agree with you... we are all so blessed.

ps. don't miss out the chance to win a YSL inspired arty ring HERE! today is the last day to enter if you haven't done so already...

xx,
cindy - design3rd

janurai said...

congratulations.
n go on ChiChi..:)
<3
^__^

LDM said...

wow congrats with the shop! i could never juggle that many responsibilities.

xx from hong kong :)
www.ldmldmldm.com

Keeping up with E.S.E.M said...

congrats girly!

x

shopstyleconquer.blogspot.com