Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Test Driving My Eyeshadow Palette

A week ago (give or take, I'm bad with dates haha), I decided to give myself some well-deserved retail therapy and bought myself an E.L.F Eye Manual - Bright Eyes Edition.

From my stash last week :D
I couldn't wait to get my hands on it and give it a test-drive, and given my impulsive nature, I totally forgot to take snaps of it *haiz*. But I got the chance to redeem myself, and this time, my point-and-shoot was ready to snap away!

Me and that wolfish grin hahaha

I had to take a shot with my eyes closed 'cuz my monolids just doesn't show off the colours and the full effect of the eye shadows blending that much. I utilized 4 shades of eyeshadow there (#'s 1,3,6 &7) but arghhh... so sorry for the poor quality of my shots, my point-and-shoot is not that reliable for capturing such details :( 

Warpaint done and ready to go!
While I was on my way to meet my friends, it started to rain heavily. Thank goodness I have learned and appreciated the indispensability of eye primers, my eyeshadow lasted the whole night! Despite playing dodge-the-rain (a feeble attempt, as I got soaked lol), my eye make-up (even my eyeliner thanks to the sealant) stayed in pristine condition all night.

Make-up survived the onslaught of the pouring rain,
sadly, my hair didn't haha
And yes, that's two bottles of beer in front of me, but no, I'm not an alcoholic *haha*. I was out celebrating my friend's birthday, and she wanted to take a souvenir shot of the new line of flavoured beers we ordered. They're quite nice, mine was Lemon flavoured, while hers was Apple. 

On an endnote, I really should start thinking about investing in a better camera. My little point-and-shoot is nearly 4 years old now but I still haven't replaced it. Call me sentimental, but I don't have the heart to replace it just yet... It's been with me through all of my adventures and misadventures and replacing it is like leaving behind an old friend in favour of a new one, like trading Woody for Buzz Lightyear. Plus, a DSLR doesn't exactly fall in the category of an easy splurge. They are quite dear so that's another consideration.

And so I wonder: is being sentimental just an excuse for being stingy or the reason behind a pack rat's inability to let go of things? 

22 comments:

Peiyinn said...

Nice make up. :)Shame on me that I don't know make up.
My place now is raining too. :)

SippingGreenTea said...

I love this post! I think you look lovely :).

I'm not sure where's you're based, but I'm currently working on a research project and would love for other makeup enthusiasts to help me with a very quick survey if possible :)?

It will only take you 5minutes, if the questions don't apply to you (as I've done this for a UK audience really) Then just put N/A in the 'Other' field!

I would really appreciate it if you could help me Wi (and anyone else reading this) :)!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/W8WH9YL

Thanks!

- W. xx

Pop Champagne said...

the palette looks great and the make up is nice, even though that's a 4 year old point and shoot it still works pretty well I think! and ya DSLRs are expensive but they're worth the investment if you take lots of pictures :)

Jen said...

Very beautiful. I love that palette. <3

xoxo
http://thesexylittleblog.blogspot.com/

Lizzy said...

Hey Wi!:D

Firstly, thank you for your SWEET caring comment ^^ You're one of my loyal and dearest readers, thanks for always commenting and sharing great things :D

AWESOME palette, lately I have been obsessed with eyeshadow palettes :P I want an 88 shadow palette so badly! I hope I get to find it and bring it back home to do some great makeup with it :D You look super pretty, that's a really nice color :D What primer do you use?

Haha, maybe you should just keep your loyal and trusty old camera and also get a new one :D I get overly sentimental with my stuff too :D

xoxo
lizzy

Monica and Whitney said...

Your makeup looks fabulous! And I want that palette.


Ask the Duplex

Fashion By Alicia said...

I picked up the E.L.F Eyeshadow Palette in neutrals and I love it. It was so inexpensive and had some great colors. The bright looks great on you!

Lyosha said...

awesome eyeshadow! very nice make up!

Lyosha
Inside and Outside Blog

Meagan said...

I just picked up one of the elf 'back to school' eyeshadow compacts and I absolutely love it!
-Meagan
http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

larissa said...

Lovely make up!
Ur texts are always so inspiring.
xo.
http://fromhatstoheels.blogspot.com/

Amanda Nguyen said...

Great purchase!! I have. One of those eye shadow palettes w/the tutorial. And it turned out great!! The color is stunning on you...and your smile make the look that much more beautiful :)

<3Amanda
feast.fashion.faves

ChiChi81 said...

@Everyone: Thank you so much for the lovely comments, everyone's so appreciative in almost all my posts, and I sincerely thank you for taking the time and spreading positivity to my posts, truly heartwarming!

@Lizzy: Haha... an 88 colour palette would be so much fun to work with! Good luck, hope you find one soon. Oh and I use E.L.F. Eye Primer and Liner Seal, I'm really contented with it.

Sandra said...

The palette looks really cute!

www.sandra-thepuzzleofmylife.blogspot.com

CutestPrincess said...

Ps: i'm inviting you to my first ever giveaway
200+ Followers Giveaway

Sam said...

Ohhh love this palette!
You look lovely!

Fashion Translated said...

The palette is really pretty. you did a great job gorgeous!

Fashion Translated

Dale said...

Great post and that is so many shadow colors in the ELF makeup. They look really pretty on you, I like how you shaded them. Hope you had a great time for your friend's bday, I like the beer pic. hehe, i've never heard of apple or lemon, that's unique.

xoDale
Thanks for stoppin by

Taj Acosta said...

I like your eyeshadow it looks pretty! xo

Carrymel said...

That eye makeup looks so pretty on you, Wi ^_^ If only I knew how to apply my own eye makeup. I think I'm going to make that a goal of mine before the year is done.

What do you mean mono-lids? Lol you're silly.

I'm the same way with my camera - extremely attached to it even though there's black spots on the screen and the battery constantly falls out.

Femme Virtue said...

that is such a nice color palette, i love how there's a lot of choices in colors!

Bravoe Runway said...

Awesome eyeshadow technique Wii!!! OMG...I don't think you have monolids...we've got smaller double folds, but that shouldn't stop us from experimenting! I am in the market for some new primer too! OK so the DSLR issue...your sis on the other side of the world is still torn... Pix taken outside w/my point & shoot are awesome but indoors they're only so/so. I don't think sentimentality is an excuse for being stingy at all. You should keep the point and shoot when you don't want to take the dslr out at night, they're heavy and they don't fit into clutches. Good luck and let me know what you decide :)

minnja said...

Great blog. I follow you now.
If you like, please follow back. It would make me very happy

minnja.blogspot.com

LOVE from Germany
Minnja