Friday, September 9, 2011

Top Drama

So tomorrow's going to be the day that I do my very first weekly staple post. Honestly, I'm quite nervous about it. Why? Because being the perfectionist, Type-A Personality, Obsessive-Compulsive that I am, I want it to meet your reading standards. I am not a fan of mediocrity, so I do my best to measure up to the expectations of others, especially you, my readers. But above the jitters, I am really excited. Not only do I get to indulge in my interests (ok ok... addiction *haha*), but I also get to impart it with you. Hopefully, you'll appreciate it, and who knows, maybe it'll spark your interest as well!

So in light of this, I'd like to share with you guys one of my K-drama inspired outfits.


I bought that top a few months ago at a reasonable price (It cost me around $8). I bought it from a local shop and it's such a shame that it was pushed all the way at the back of the rack. When I laid my hands on it, I was not thinking of putting it back. This one got my name on it. 


It's made of sheer fabric, and is lined at the torso. What I really love about this top is that the cuff edges are trimmed with some crocheted fabric which makes the sleeves sort of puff out. And that delicate bow at the front makes me feel... well, young haha. Plus the colour is just so vibrant and cheerful, it reminds me of sunny days and happier times. 

In probably every single Korean Drama I've ever watched, they all got one thing in common: fabulous outfits. I swear, I sometimes get so engrossed in their outfits, I forget that I can't understand Korean, and that the subs are running way too fast lol. And the women would wear these adorable chiffon blouses that are loose and flowing. It inspired me to be on the lookout for such tops and if the fit and the price is right, I'll go and buy it.

Trying to look all "dramatic" here lol
So that's it, I'll keep this one short and sweet. Do stay tuned for my first ever weekly Korean Idol feature. I hope you guys will enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Happy Friday, my lovely readers!

30 comments:

Amanda Nguyen said...

that yellow blouse is so pretty!! reminds me of frolicking outside and picking flowers :)
there's nothing wrong with being a perfectionist...that means for the most part everything will turn out great!! don't fret!

♡Amanda
feast.fashion.faves

Bravoe Runway said...

i am excited about this weekly post and can't wait to learn more about these k-drama stars! You look totally dramatic in the last pose and they do have an affinity for chiffon tops!

snoWhite said...

cute!! :)
xx S.
http://s-snowhite.blogspot.com/

PHILO said...

s u p e r b


xoxo ♕♕♕
http://miss-philo.blogspot.com/

Alexandria said...

very cute top. i love the color.

http://alexandriajz.blogspot.com

Jen said...

Love the outfit. I actually really love KDramas. My favorite is Boys Before Flowers. So great. <3

xoxo
http://thesexylittleblog.blogspot.com/

the nyanzi report said...

sweet outfit.

Meagan said...

That top is so dreamy and floaty. I love it!
-Meagan
http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

Taj Acosta said...

I'm loving the blouse and how romantic it is! Can't wait for your perfet post! ;) xo -Taj

nookie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nookie said...

such a pretty top, and so cheap!

Kim said...

I love love k dramas. Very cute top and great price too!

Ask Erena said...

Cute top! Waiting for your new post!
hugs,
xx
Ask Erena
http://askerena.blogspot.com/

Carrymel said...

I've misssssed youuuu!!! *tackles*

So I know you haven't gone anywhere. . .actually, you've been blogging like crazy and I obviously need to catch up, haha. Anyways, I'm looking forward to your Korean Idol feature. I don't know much about korean stars but I'm sure your post will fill me in on everything I need to know.

& I think your "dramatic" picture does the job! ;)

Aprilia said...

What a cute little blouse and for such a bargain too! :)

xx

http://aprilialove.com

Miss Kwong said...

really pretty top!

Follow me on:
Miss Kwong - Art and Fashion

CutestPrincess said...

0h, dear! im so inlve with your top... yaeh, i can find something like that in any k-damas! you now, our tv stations always offers korean dramas! lolz!

Keeping up with E.S.E.M said...

cute photos!

x

shop style conquer

Mikimoto Angel said...

OMG! We're so the same. I'm also OC, and I don't like anything average. One example is that I hate it when my essays are short. Haha!

And by the way, I love your sheer top. Isn't it chiffon? :-)

Marie said...

That yellow top is darling! I love the bow detail.:D


***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com

Mimi said...

i gotta agree, judging from some of the korean dramas i've seen, they really do have awesome outfits! and this top is so cute! i guess it was meant to be yours! :)

p.s. thanks for following my blog! i will be following yours now too. :)

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
$25 Apothica Gift Card Giveaway :)

Blackswan said...

$8?? Can't believe u got such a good buy, gal! Now I'm so jealous! I want, I want! Hahaha! U've got good taste :)

Nava Krishnan said...

Nice top and I like how you matched it, lovely pastel color and worth the price.

Lizzy said...

Love your blouse Wi :) Ooh, your going Korean lately, eh? I'm practically living my life like a Korean :D Super excited to see your next Korean Idol feature. I do agree with you, the actresses are always dressed very nicely in the dramas. Which drama are you currently watching? :)

Hope you visit BKK soon, it's an amazing place :) especially if you're a shopping person :)

xoxo
lizzy

Peiyinn said...

Comfy outfit! Another Korean fashion now-a-day is chiffon blouse right? :D

Finally it's a flyday. Happy Friday too.:)

Luísa Lión said...

haha you are so cute!! I havent seen your blog before but I am a perfectionist myself :) So I totally get what you are talking about :) Where are you from?

♥♥Style-Roulette♥♥

xoxo,
Luísa

Bravoe Runway said...

I've decided that I am going to live through your K-Drama idol mania and do some research on some k-drama actresses and use her as a muse to create an outfit post.

Sam said...

I am also an A-type personality...it really is a detriment. Like the floaty yellow top, it's so summery.
Have a lovely weekend!

Laura Scott said...

Very cute top! I love yellow, looks great on you!

Fashion Dawgs

The Cat Hag said...

You look so sweet in that yellow floaty top! :)

Hope you are having a good weekend.

I know my photos aren't showing up at the moment, have already sent an email to my photo hosting service. :(


xoxo,
Addie
The Cat Hag