Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Inspired By Sunset

In a post I did last week, posted a picture of the famous Boracay sunset which I had lifted off from some website. So silly of me to forget that I actually posted an album of my Boracay Island holiday 4 years ago on my Facebook account! That island is like paradise, I swear, one of the best beaches in my country, and if I may so boldly declare, one of the best in the world. And it's famous, and often revered sunset is just the icing on the cake. Ahh, how I wish I'd get the chance to go back someday.

My own shot of that glorious sunset! 

Since last week's post, I always have flashbacks of that exact moment when I snapped this photo. Dusk was breaking, and I was just completely enthralled at how beautiful the sky was. The swirls of gold, amber and grey in front of my eyes was just beyond words... It was inspiring. So inspiring that when I was casually walking by the cosmetics section at the shopping centre last week (HAHA!), I thought to myself, "how 'bout I recreate the colours of the sunset in my eyes?" Brilliant.... excuse to shop for more cosmetics, right??? LOL!

The "inspirational" haul clockwise (L-R): Purederm Jasmine Water BB Cream,
E.L.F. Eyeshadow Duo (Mocha Swirl), E.L.F. Studio Contour Brush, 4U2 Glitz  2 Colour Eyeshadow in No. 03/863
E.L.F. has lured me in again for I did not have these colours in my E.L.F. Eye Manual - Bright Eyes Edition. I haven't tried 4U2 ever before, to be honest, I haven't heard of it before (lol)... But what sold me to it is that lovely gold/orange shadow and the gunmetal silver. It wasn't fairly expensive, so I decided to give this one a go. 

1&2 - E.L.F. Eyeshadow Duo; 3&4 - 4U2 Glitz Eyeshadow 2 Colour
My P&S did a good job at capturing the exact colour of these swatches. These 4 colours remind me of that glorious sunset, and now it's time to test drive these two new additions to my growing cosmetics collection! 

I didn't realize my eyes were brown haha all this time, I thought they were black ;p
I got small eyefolds lol
And the sun will set for you...
Sunset In My Eyes
Okay... so the highlight may be a little light (still learning the ropes of putting on make-up, seriously), this was my first attempt, so please cut me some slack *hehe*. This one's good for daytime make-up, I guess. For night, well, I'm gonna amp it up a notch with the highlighter. 

See, I shouldn't be reminiscing too much... For when I do, I tend to raid the cosmetics counter. Haha.... 

Have a lovely day, my dears.

33 comments:

lhamo Mashutzo said...

i love the snapshot...
grt one..

NaNa said...

That photo of the sunset is really beautiful. I'm so mesmerized by it, I can't stop looking at it!

xx

Anna

Pop Champagne said...

loveee the bronze goodness you have in this look! and LOL my mom was def a piano mom!

Bravoe Runway said...

OMG this is gorgeous, and I am going to show my mom this look! She does my eye make-up! I can totally see the sun-set of that gorgeous island in the twinkle of your eye! Wii...I think our eyes have similar shape, my fold may still be a tad bit smaller but I love bronze and golden colours :)

Taryn said...

love the photo--what a brilliant "eyedea" to recreate the look on your eyes =)

Duygu said...

I'm so in love with your blogging-style dear, really unique and lovely post :))

one thing, could you please please do me a favour and vote for me by liking my photo on this link :)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150310737991219&set=a.10150310737876219.336775.304442071218&type=1&theater

It really means a lot to me :) puss puss and huggs from <3 <3

combo-monster.blogspot.com

My 2 Pesos said...

Charming girl. :D

rosecandle11 said...

wow this is so cool:)
following you now, think you have a cool blog. hope you follow me too?:)
love,
ROSECANDLE11

karin said...

Thanks for following my blog,I´m following you now dear.Your picture is beautiful,I love watching the sunset when I´m at the beach and I always take pictures because I like it so much. I also like your eyeshadows,beautiful colors. www.stylepicture.blogspot.com

SassyUptownChic said...

Wi, you took a beautiful picture of the sunset!!! It looks like a postcard!!! When you posted the color swatches of your makeup I fell in love with #3. So golden and shimmery! I love it. You did a great job. Not only did you achieve the goal of sparkle in your eye, but your entire face is glowing and sparkly pretty! Have a great evening! ((HUG))
http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/
SassyUptownChic xoxo Kim

Aprilia said...

Love the earthy colours!
You are fine at make up, I don't know what you are talking about!

xx

http://aprilialove.com

Bonnie said...

These colors are really pretty on you. They look fantastic!

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Jen said...

Great look. I love those colors. <3

xoxo
http://thesexylittleblog.blogspot.com/

skippysays said...

Just found your lovely blog and wanted to say hi :)
www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

ELLIA collection said...

shop with us :) check our shop to get our latest colorful items, happy shopping :)

http://www.facebook.com/ellia.clothingshop
http://elliashop.blogspot.com/

Stephanie Ayu said...

i love the inspiration for your makeup! and ELF makeup products are amazing because they are so cheap ^_^

linconnuedeindochine.blogspot.com

Silvia ♥ said...

I love the sunset <3.
lovely look!, xx.
silviajani.blogspot.com

MEOW said...

what a beautiful picture of the sunset :)
and ur eye makeup matches well :D i love it

La Professionnelle said...

I can;t get over how cute your sunset pic looks like a polaroid in a scrapbook with that border. Nice shot! The island looks like fun-I google imaged it further.

Btw, the green louboutins in my previous post are easy to walk in too. I highly suggest stomping around in them!! ;) (fashion peer pressure).

xoxo
http://preponderance-of-fashion.blogspot.com/

Blackswan said...

Gosh, what a nice golden hue! I haven't had eyeshadows for a long time........ lol! Looks like I've to dig out my cosmetics & start playing with them again ")

ShinyPrettyThings said...

beautiful look!!! loving the gold. it does indeed remind me of the sunset

the nyanzi report said...

beautiful sunset.

samecookiesdifferent said...

Love glossy lips <3

X the cookies :)

samecookiesdifferent.blogspot.com

Jo said...

I heard that Boracay has got the best beach ever and it's in Philippines...Southeast Asia! Yay! People usually think of Bora Bora or Maldives when they think about best beaches in the world. I gottta check Boracay out soon. I was pleased with Maldives being a paradise when I went there earlier this year but I'm so bummed at the sunset with clouds crowding the horizon.

I've only recently checked back to realise that you've replied me. I didn't know my profile was private till a blogger notified me about it. It's strange coz it has always been public.

Nava Krishnan said...

The sunset pic is so awesome. I like your trying of the eye shades with the pics shown.

I particularly am into BB cream and have been trying a couple of brands, the best so far is by Shu Umera, found one shade perfect for my skin but other I have tried seems to white for me and does not give a natural coverage.

Victoria'sProcrastinationProject said...

I love E.L.F products! Lovely photos, that eyeshadow looks lovely on you!

http://victoriasprocrastinationproject.blogspot.com/

The Beautifier said...

Very pretty sunset look! xoxo

Ask Erena said...

Love your sense of humor. That sunset picture you took is so beautiful...Now I want to go there too:-)....and shopping for cosmetics:-))))
hugs from New York,
xx
Ask Erena
http://askerena.blogspot.com/

Mr Lonely said...

i can imagine how beautiful the sunset is through the picture~ =D

Quay Po Cooks said...

The shot on the sunset is very calming. Lovely shades for the eyes.

amy b.s. said...

how pretty! the sunset and the make-up!

Amanda Nguyen said...

umm..hello??! this is the coolest tutorial EVER!! that gold shimmer is GORGEOUS on you!! and I like how you highlighted your beautiful eyes with the other shimmery shades!! I can never get enough sunsets...I take pics of sunsets all the time. There's just something so calming about watching the sky fade with the sun.

<3Amanda
feast.fashion.faves

Vee said...

the picture is amazing !! and your look aswell =) it really suits you !!

I havent tried Harvest Moon or never heard of it but it must be good if it made you skip classes =D hehe

xxx Vee