Saturday, October 1, 2011

Korean Idol Featurette: Cho Kyu Hyun

Earlier this week, I mentioned on my tweet to Bessie of Bravoe Runway that I'm going "spice things up" with this week's featured Korean Idol. And indeed, I am. The past three posts are all women, and this time, I'm going to feature a guy. My guy. With a sigh and a swoon, let me introduce you to Cho Kyuhyun! *inserts ajumma moment here*

*faints*

I was supposed to do a profile of all the Super Junior members. But lol.. there's waayyy too many of them. So I'll just feature the member I'm going loca over. Here are some quick facts about my boy toy (lol.. I wish! ;p)



Kyuhyun Quick Facts:

Name: Cho Kyu Hyun
English Name: Marcus Cho
Birthday: February 3, 1988
Band: Super Junior
Age: 23 (ack!)
Nicknames: GameKyu (I'll elaborate later), Prince Kyu, DraKyu, Evil Maknae
Voice Type: Bass


Quirky facts about Kyu ♥ 

The youngest and the last member to join Super Junior; debuted right before SuJu's 200th day anniversary
According to his bandmates, he's a terrible cook
♥ One of the first Korean artists to appear in a China postage stamps in 2008 (along with SuJu members Donghae, Siwon and Ryeowook) 
 His favourite food are pork chops and seafood (me too! lol)
 His Favourite Korean Drama includes Jumong and Lovers in Paris
 He said that children always put their socks at their bed fronts on Christmas Eve to wait for Santa’s presents, but because he himself wanted a bigger present, he hung his pants at the bed front instead.

Kyuhyun (upper left) pwning Sungmin (upper right) and Eunhyuk (lower right)
One of Kyuhyun's nickname is GameKyu because he's really into MMO's. When he was still in school, he would skip hanging out with his friends saying he's got no allowance, but the real reason behind this was that he wants to stay at home and play online games all day! His band mate, Leeteuk once disclosed in a variety show that he got the shock of his life because Kyu let out a loud cry in the middle of the night. He rushed to see what was wrong, only to find out that Kyu's team lost a round of Starcraft. *lol* Some of the games he plays are Thousand Years/Infinity Gaming, Starcraft, Diablo and lately he's been into Sudden Attack as well. (Makes me wonder if he was one of the S.Korean players that had pwned me when I was still a gamer chick hahaha).

At an episode of Strong Heart where he recounted his accident



In the early morning of April 19, 2007, just one month before Kyuhyun’s first anniversary in Super Junior, Kyuhyun, along with Leeteuk, Shindong, Eunhyuk, and two managers were involved in a car accident. Kyuhyun, who was sitting behind the driver’s seat when the accident occurred, received the most injuries. He was hospitalized & diagnosed with a fractured hip, pneumothorax fro fractures ribs, and facial scratches & bruises.He spent time slipping in and out of consciousness and was mute due to shock.  In the show Strong Heart, he recounts his horrific ordeal. He mentioned that his whole life, from his childhood to his days with Super Junior, flashed before him, and said to himself, "so this is how you die." He was in ICU for a period of time, but after six days he was moved to a regular hospital room. He was discharged on July 5, 2007.


Kyuhyun made his comeback in September of 2007 with the release of Super Junior's new promo single, "Don't Don". He was very cautious with his stage performance, avoiding complicated and vigorous dance steps, as he is still recovering from his injuries. Also, at this time, he dyed his hair blonde.


After the accident, everything went sky rocket for this talented maknae. Among all the Super Junior members, this guy has the dreamiest voice of all. His voice is as charming as his face and can send chills up your spine whenever he hits the high notes. It's no wonder he was tapped to do a few solo tracks and even ventured outside his group.


In 2009, Kyuhyun was tapped to be part of a tribute album for Yoo Youngsuk. He recorded his version of 7 Years of Love and performed it live in a TV Show, Sketch Book. His performance was mesmerizing and completely awed all the viewers, including his mom. Soon after, he released a couple of solo singles for Korean Dramas namely: Listen To You (for the drama, Pasta) and Hope, A Dream That Never Sleeps (for the drama, Baker King).



In 2010, his music label, SM Entertainment, grouped him with the labels' other stars and created a project group, S.M. The Ballad and released a mini-album entitled S.M. The Ballad (Miss You). The Album's biggest where Kyuhyun had a solo song, "Love Again".


From the December 15, 2010 to mid-January 2011, he acted with Yoo Jun Sang, Im Ki Jun, Kim Mu Yul and Dana Hong in the musical The Three Musketeers at the Chungmu Art Hall. He won a Golden Ticket Musical Rising Star Award for his performance of the role of D'Artagnan.




Indeed, this wonder boy is not taking it slow. Part of his busy schedule for the first half of 2011 included the release of the second album of Super Junior's subgroup, Super Junior-M, a group dedicated to Chinese fans as they record and perform in Mandarin. Their hit single, Perfection, made waves in Taiwan, and the whole of Asia, in general. 


Mr. Simple Version A


Mr. Simple Version B
And in the second half of this year, the main group, Super Junior, released their latest album, with the song, Mr. Simple, hitting #1 in practically all the music charts in Asia. (See my post here) And just this month, they released the repackaged album of Mr. Simple, A-Cha, which includes the songs from the Mr. Simple album along with 4 new tracks. And of course, the millions of SuJu fans worldwide, young and old, are frantically downloading this off iTunes, or 4shared for the cheapskates (like me haha) as I type away or do it the conventional way: making a mad dash to the record store to get their hands on the CD (released in Sept. 21, 2011). And so, to end this post, I'm going to share their latest video, A-Cha



Sources: 



27 comments:

Bravoe Runway said...

Oooo he looks super hot in the 'just for you' picture! Wii, I can see why he is your favorite and of course his popularity would skyrocket after recovering from the car accident...hehe Fantastic post, excited for next week..no pressure...no pressure at all!

Mannequins Dream said...

haha you really seem to like him!! :P Xx

www.mannequinsdream.blogspot.com

ShinyPrettyThings said...

HAHAHA ahjumma, i highly doubt u are! how old r u? (if u don't mind me asking XD)
he is my fave after Siwon in SJ!! & he's my age hehe, other guys my age sure as hell don't look as good as him!! *sighhh* such a sad reality T_T

SassyUptownChic said...

Okay I was sold after you told me he loves pork chops and seafood! HAHAHAHA Those are my favorite dishes too! AND YOURS! HAHAHA Wow, he has a great sense of humor, awesome voice and overcome so much medically. Thank you for showcasing him Wi! :D
http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/
SassyUptownChic xoxo Kim

SassyUptownChic said...

Hey Wi, check my blog I gave you an award! WOOT
http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/
SassyUptownChic xoxo Kim

Blackswan said...

Wow, that's a load of info! Hey, I love Pork chops & Seafood too! My family are fans of Super Junior. It's so nice getting to know him :)

samecookiesdifferent said...

haha, yummy pics - you did a good job cutie =D

come and visit the cookies blog and follow if you love to <3

x the cookies
samecookiesdifferent.blogspot.com

Mannequins Dream said...

thanks soo much for your sweet comment :') Xx

Nava Krishnan said...

thats plenty of info about him and he sure looks smart in some pics.

Nava.K said...

By the way, since I see quite a bit of posting on Korean stars, would you like to do a guest post on any one of these on my blog?

If so, do sent the pics and article to my email and in return will link back to your blog.

Nava.K said...

thank you, will await for your article.

Michelle Lee said...

great to find kpop lovers :)

SASA said...

check out my blog and join my giveaway! :D

LDM said...

i love korean guys! they're all tall, fit and have tiny eyes! which i actually loooovveeeeee

xx from hong kong :)
www.ldmldmldm.com

Preity Lama Tamang said...

Oh lord. I love Korean guys. They are jst way too good looking. My younger sister is Korean fanatic. She even sings Korean even if she doesn't know the meaning. It's hilarious.
Love the post.
xx

the nyanzi report said...

looks like a cool dude.

Silvia ♥ said...

Love your post!, xx.
silviajani.blogspot.com

Mitha Komala said...

thanks for the lovely comment dear <3 omg those korean guys are cute, ive been addicted to koreans lately :p

http://mithakomala.blogspot.com/

Femme Virtue said...

damn, he's hot!!!

Vee said...

i like that song you posted (the first one) and he's so cutie pie with bleached blond hair =D we're the same age (that definitely means something! HAHA)

xxx Vee

Kel said...

He's definitely done a lot for a 23 year old - both in real kpop life and virtually. He is a looker with a dreamy voice so I can totally see why you'd be tempted to cradle snatch were you to ever be in that proposition ;) hahaha

Lots of love from Sydney,

x Kel

loving leather lashings

Lizzy said...

Hey Wi:D

Kyuhyun is one of my favorite members in Super Junior, mainly because he has such an amazing voice :D He has such a soothing and manly voice :P I saw the Strong Heart cut where he talked about the accident, it's so touching and I'm so glad he survived the accident. I didn't know he has an English name! :P I learned something about him today :)

Great featurette! :)
xoxo
Lizzy

paledivision said...

Wow long post. :3
He is such a cutie!

http://paledivision.blogspot.com/

Marcela Gmd said...

I love Korean guys!!! I like your blog!
You have a new follower now!!
I'm very happy if you follow me, too

Besos, desde España, Marcela

Style Dilettante said...

Wow! He is so cute! Love him with the blonde hair!!

http://www.inherentstylela.com/

Ioana Liliana said...

Looking cute!


Fashezine

Jaya said...

I was browsing your cute blog and what do i see? CHO KYUHYUN. omg. I am absolutely utterly in love with him... :) great to know other kpop fans in the blogosphere :) Kpop made my world a better place 3 and a half years ago, and now, we're inseparable :3 I need to make a post about it asap!!! ^^

xx
www.chasingthmoon.blogspot.com