Saturday, October 22, 2011

Korean Idol Featurette: Kim Tae-Hee

This week's Korean Idol Featurette is about a certain Korean actress who's dubbed as Miss Beauty and Brains. In 2010, a survey was done by KBS and she was hailed as the most beautiful woman in the Korean entertainment industry. Without further ado, let me introduce... Kim Tae-hee.


Quick Facts:
Name: Kim Tae-hee
Nickname: Angel, Headbanger
Birthday: March 29,1980
Celebrity Sibling: She's the older sister of actor, Lee Wan
Education: Seoul National University (Major in Fashion Design)


Kim Tae-hee is the total package. She's beautiful, talented and intelligent. As I mentioned earlier, she bagged the #1 spot as the most beautiful female celebrity in a survey done by KBS (a television company in S. Korea). Not only that, she's done countless CF's (commercial films), including LG, Laneige, Iriver, and Nestea. And when she was in junior high, she held the spot as her school's #1 student for three consecutive years. And even then, her beauty and charm was undeniable as male students would be up against the classroom windows to catch a glimpse of her during her P.E. classes.



When she was still a college student, she was spotted at the subway station by an ad designer who asked her to model for an ad campaign. During this time, she wasn't certain what she would do after college so she decided to do some modelling stint as a part-time job. 


Kim Tae-hee debuted the entertainment industry in 2001 as a support role in the movie, "Last Present". She played the middle-school aged version of Lee Young-Ae's character, Park Jung-Yeon. She was then later cast in the drama, "Stairway to Heaven" wherein she played the role of Han Yoori the scheming stepsister. Her other successful stints in drama include, Forbidden Love, and Love Story in Harvard.


She was often criticized for her acting by critics and the public. She was regarded as a successful CF endorser, but not as a serious actress but in the drama, IRIS (2009), an espionage action thriller opposite Lee Byung-hun, she proved to her critics and the public that she is a talented actress. The drama was a huge success, both in Korea and all across Asia. She states in one of her interviews that IRIS marked a turning point in her acting career. 



Her most recent drama, My Princess (2011), drew even more attention and awe to her stunning looks. My Princess is a romantic comedy drama wherein Kim Tae Hee plays an ordinary college student whose world goes from ordinary to crazy when she finds out she's a princess. 



It is no surprise with her beautiful face, she catches the eye and the attention of men, and male celebrities are no exception. When Kim Tae Hee went to Taiwan to promote the drama, My Princess, and in one of her promotional activities, she visited a restaurant owned by Taiwanese singer/actor/hottie, Jay Chou. Jay Chou praised her for her youthful beauty, and stated that if there was a Korean remake of his movie, Secret, he would cast her as the lead female role.



Source:



35 comments:

Mannequins Dream said...

awww shes sooo pretty! :D Xx

I'm With Stupid said...

She is pretty, but the fact that she has brains too makes her really beautiful.

Jay

♡ Miharu ♡ said...

she's really pretty ! <3

visit me back
http://ciachiaa.blogspot.com/

BunBun said...

She's so stunning! I love that she proves that beauty and brains go hand in hand. And I've watched interviews and she seems really sweet and charming too! xxx

Jel ♡ said...

i never liked her at first especially with stairway to heaven but she's so adorable and pretty and cute in my princess that i totally changed my opinions on her <3 my princess is one of my faves ;)

just tututiny said...

I LOVED her in Harvard Love Story. Have watched it a million times. Most recently in My Princess I love watching her wear all those pretty princess dresses and shoes. She has such beautiful skin. I haven't had time to catch up on my Korean dramas so the last one was My Princess and Chuno I think which I watched over the summer. I loved Song Seung-heon and was so happy when I saw them paired together. Have a great weekend babe.

http://justtututiny.blogspot.com/
Thu

Bee said...

You're right, she's so beautiful. I loved her at Love Story in Harvard. :)

http://beforeiturn25.blogspot.com/

Kim L. said...

Yay for Kim Tae Hee!!! She's so so pretty :)

accidental encounters

songbird said...

i went wow at the 1st photo..she indeed seems both talented and is so extremely beautiful

SassyUptownChic said...

Wi, I thought this was a post about ME! LOL I saw Kim, read on a bit, and said YEP that's ME! HAHAHA I'm messing with you this Friday! She's a very beautiful girl, and omg'd that first picture of her is so powerful! Those eyes! She is so accomplished. I enjoyed reading her story. I see why the guys love her. Smart, Talented and Beautiful. She's a triple threat! Have a great weekend girl and I want to thank you for your comments and tweets. ((HUG))

laura said...

omg... I have to go look for My Princess now. It sounds like MY kind of Korean drama! And hahaha, I just read Kim's comment--- she is so hilarious!
Have a happy weekend!
♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights
enter my Shabby Apple giveaway

Ask Erena said...

She is so beautiful..

hugs from New York,
xx
Ask Erena
http://askerena.blogspot.com/

Bravoe Runway said...

AHHHH! Another fabulous K-Drama post! Kim Tae Hee is absolutely gorgeous and yes, she is one smart young lady! Gotta love a whole package! OK if I ever make a trip to Philippines we are going to go through your fabulous dresses and we're going out...in true K-Drama style..it's the only way to roll ;)

Peiyinn said...

She is amazing and gorgeous! She has a beautiful smile. :)

♥Mishi à la mode♥ said...

I actually started following her after watching IRIS. She was pretty amazing and she has such a pretty face! her skin is amazing... *jealous* haha

Nava Krishnan said...

She looks really good, esp the first pic and love how her hair is done up.

Marie said...

Wow, she has flawless skin!:D

***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com

Amanda Nguyen said...

the first pic if my FAVE!! she's so gorgeous!!

<3Amanda
feast.fashion.faves

Sam said...

I get why her nickname would be 'Angel' because she does look so pretty and angelic. Where does 'Headbanger' come in?

Style Diaries said...

i so like here, shes pretty

Blackswan said...

Most beautiful woman in the Korean entertainment industry? Cool! I didn't know that.

Did u watch Stairway to Heaven? That drama was so epic. I cried at every episode. During that period, my eyes were always swollen. Lol! I love that drama!

Katherine said...

Wow she is so gorgeous! I know nothing about this industry so it was fascinating to read your writeup - thank you!

Silvia ♥ said...

:), She's so pretty!.
xoxo

silviajani.blogspot.com

Stephanie Ayu said...

i have been a crazy follower of Kpop and Jpop since i was very little! love how you featured her. also, thanks for stopping by my blog. i hope we can be blogging friends ^_^

lhamo Mashutzo said...

adorable face...
http://silenceriver.blogspot.com/

Keeping up with E.S.E.M said...

cute post!

x

shopstyleconquer.blogspot.com

LDM said...

ohhh i watched that series with her in it where she's a princess!

xx from hong kong :)
www.ldmldmldm.com

s2danii. said...

awesome post! Thanks for introducing us to all these kpop stars :) and Re: sorry late reply! The leads for CH are dating now :D But I'm sure you're super up to date with that haha. How do you have time to watch dramas and do homework D:

Miss Kwong said...

this one i duno.... but still so pretty and pure!

Follow me on:
Miss Kwong - Art and Fashion

paledivision said...

Wow, she's stunninggg!
I love her smile (:


xo
http://paledivision.blogspot.com/
PS. There's a giveaway on my blog worth $80++ if you wanted to join! ;-)

Valentine said...

I don't know Kim Tae Hee does it. She does not look her age at all! The first time I watched her was in 'Stairways to Heaven' and I thought she was pretty good! I loved her facial expressions the most.

I loved her in 'My Princess'. She really has that college girl look!

Vee said...

why do you asian girls always look so young and flawless T__T unfair !! =) she is gorgeous =) !!

xxx Vee

CutestPrincess said...

she totally gorgeous and i watched all her films and koreanovela...

It’s a GIRL Thing

Translation service said...

Resources like the one you mentioned here will be very useful to me!I really love the way information presented in your post.This site contains news and information on this that is constantly being updated.

Ash said...

What a hot girl. By the way, I love your blog's font, it is really easy to read. :)