Saturday, October 15, 2011

Korean Idol Featurette: Son Ye-Jin

In the past two K-Pop Idol featurettes, I have introduced you guys to singers. So for this week, I decided to bring the focus back to drama and movie idols. So my dear readers, let me introduce you to Son Ye-Jin.


Quick Facts: 

Name: Son Ye-Jin
Birthdate: January 11, 1982
Profession: Actress and Model
Education: Seoul Institute of the Arts (Film Arts Degree)
Hobbies: Listening to music and reading books
Most Recent Drama: Personal Taste (2010) with Lee Min-Ho 


Son Ye-Jin is a versatile actress who has taken on a variety of roles. Her career started off in film when she was cast in a supporting role Secret Tears in 2000. Her first lead role in a drama was in "Delicious Proposal" (2001). She stamped her celebrity status in the Korean Cinema industry when she won the Best New Actress Award in the 22nd Korea Movie Critics in "Lover's Concerto"(2002) for which she portrayed the character, Soo-In, who contracted leukemia since young.


Son Ye-Jin being the versatile actress that she was, she did not limit herself to portraying the typical innocent, nice girl characters. She starred in more mature and daring roles in her later films. She took on the role of a con artist in The Art of Seduction (2005), a femme fatale in Open City (2008), and a divorcee in the drama Alone in Love (2006). Her portrayal of a polyandrous woman (a woman having 2 or more husbands at the same time *a pretty busy woman, huh? lol*) in the movie My Wife Got Married (2008) in which she nabbed the Best Actress Award from the prestigious Blue Dragon Film Awards.


Her most recent work is the drama, Personal Taste (2010), based on the novel by Lee Sae-in of the same title, is a heartwarming love story between a charmingly clumsy woman, Park Gae-in (Son Ye-Jin) and her gorgeous roommate, Jeon Jin-hoo (Lee Min-Ho) a man who is only pretending to be gay in order to obtain information he’s certain is hidden in the Sanggojae (a traditional Korean house with modern touches). 

Son Ye Jin's "scandalous" photo that circulated around the internet,
picture was deliberately cropped to avoid showing her delicate parts  

In 2009, Son Ye-Jin was a victim of a malicious smear campaign. Photos of her sweet, smiling face wearing a sheer pink top with a nipple showing off started circulating around the internet. But of course, this was not really Son Ye-Jin’s posing in the photo but someone superimposed her face onto another person’s body. The editing was so flawless it, at first glance it looked genuine. Her agency, Barunson Entertainment, was quick to jump into her defense but the damage has been done, thanks to South Korea's high-speed broadband internet.

Sources:


36 comments:

Nava Krishnan said...

I somehow admire the K-idols for they look good, some of the women are so stunning and gorgeous.

Thanks for your comments on my blog and appreciate it so much.

SassyUptownChic said...

She is gorgeous Wi and such a diverse actress! I think it's so horrible when people try and ruin your reputation. You work so hard and it only takes one person to try and knock it all down. There's just too many malicious people in this world. Thanks for sharing her story! Hope you have a sweet weekend Wi! :D
http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

Pop Champagne said...

she is so pretty and I totally agree that she is extremely versatile!

Anastasios said...

Wow, she is sooo pretty! I love Korean beauty :) My Mongolian love Ghi actually looks like korean too :) :) :)
I know you love Kpop dear, so thanks for introducing her to us!
xoxoxoxoxo

I'm With Stupid said...

She is gorgeous. And very talented too.

Jay

Sam said...

She's so stunning. I feel like I've seen her somewhere else before

Bravoe Runway said...

Another fabulous feature...you know what this means! I can hardly wait for next week! Anyways...hehehe I should start back on my netflix subscription. Do you have netflix in philippines? This is a service where you can put together a list of movies that you want to see and they'll mail it to you. I should check to see if I can get K-Drama movies!!! Son ye jin is beautiful and I like how she plays a variety of roles. Not just stuck to 1 type, that really shows the range of acting capability! Fabulous as always :D

the nyanzi report said...

beautiful.

just tututiny said...

I love K-dramas - all the actress are so pretty. I always wonder how they can keep their skin so beautiful, white and flawless.

http://justtututiny.blogspot.com/
Thu

Taj Acosta said...

She's very pretty! Hope you have a great wknd!! xo-Taj

laura said...

Oh man... this just goes to show how far behind I am on Kdramas! I have no idea who these fab women are! and they're soooo gorgeous! Will have to start looking for these titles now!
Hope you have a happy weekend!
♥ laura

the blog of worldly delights

Silvia ♥ said...

omg, She is gorgeous :), love ur post sweety!, xoxox.
silviajani.blogspot.com

Quay Po Cooks said...

I am not so much into Korean movies but my mum is. I am sure she knows who this beautiful lady is.

Amanda Nguyen said...

she's gorgeous!!!

<3Amanda
feast.fashion.faves

Valentine said...

I remember watching her in Personal Taste. Her skin is perfect!

Thank you for visiting my blog! I have to go thank Bessie for recommending you! When I found out that there was only 2 DBSK members left, I was super devastated! *cries*

Ronadelle said...

I love her too! Son Ye Jin. I watched her 2 drama serials. She looks so pretty and lovely!

www.ronadelle.blogspot.com

LeeAnne, Style N Season said...

With a risk that I might sound soooo superficial, I have to say what I love most about Korean artist (female) is their luminescent skin! Drool for that kind of porcelain skin! Wish... wish...

LeeAnne, Style N Season
http://stylenseason.blogspot.com

Rosamond Kim said...

She's so beautiful. I wasn't sure about the movie, my wife got married...though lol. It might be nice to have two husbands but I'm not sure how that'll play out...

Take care cutie,
Rosamod

Kim L. said...

She is sooooo pretty!! :) I loved her in The Art of Seduction! Great movie! :)

Wii, thank you for always leaving such thorough and lovely comments on my blog <3

I really appreciate it.

Have a great Sunday lovely.

accidental encounters

Miss Kwong said...

now this she's really beautiful!!! whenever i see her cry in movies...i feel like this is the most amazing crying face - sooo beautiful, and touching. love her!

Follow me on:
Miss Kwong - Art and Fashion

Adrilucia said...

Hi doll!
I really love your blog!
Please feel free to check out mine and follow if you'd like :)
Have a lovely weekend xoxo

littlemissfashionista-adrilucia.blogspot.com

Flaviana Boni said...

so nice!

Check out my new outfit post!
MY BLOG: Dress up for armageddon

Rogerio Rinaldi e Glorinha Rinaldi said...

We love your look, and beautiful.
We love your blog, it's wonderful and we are following you.
We wish you a great weekend.
Many kisses Glorinha
We are the creators of the earring flower of life.
http://sbrincos.blogspot.com

Agora tô pronta said...

(:

SAM said...

She's very gorgeous!

www.justfaabulous.blogspot.com

ade kurnianingrum handika putri said...

korean lovers ? hehe . actually i dont really like it , so i dont know about her . but i think she looks so beautiful :)

Bravoe Runway said...

Sooo sorry to hear that F21 is not in your city!!! Hopefully they'll be there soon! My condo is on the 21st floor in my building and my panoramic view faces the lake and the city ;) Oh...and also! Guess what? I went on my first consignment shopping excursion today!!! Will do a post in a week or so :) I thought of you while I was there :)

Come At Me Bro said...

This is great!

Cooking Gallery said...

I absolutely love her in 'Personal Preference'...! It's my favourite K-Drama, of course also because of the charming Lee Min Ho ;)!

Mannequins Dream said...

heyy! i've given you an award, check out my blog to see it! :D Xx

Bonnie said...

I don't know how well they perform, but these women are gorgeous!

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Blackswan said...

She's another gorgeous lady I know! I'm totally awed! The superimposed pix incident was horrible & I really pity the stars involved.

Satin said...

I know this post is about Son Ye-Jin but I find it interesting that not too long ago I seen my first Korean drama on Netflix the other day (Boys Over Flowers) and I think Lee Min Ho is fi-yi-yi-yi-yiiine! Anyhoo, I will have to check out this film you are referring to. If he is as charming and funny in this film like in BOF I must see it!

www.imsatindoll.com

Lizzy said...

Hey Wi!:)

I submitted a comment in your recent post but I think it got deleted cos I can't see it :( But anyway, I miss you too! I haven't been blogging a lot lately due to a packed schedule and lots of studying :D So sorry!

I wanna thank you again for the awards that you gave to my blog :D I'm so blooming happy! Thank you SOOOO MUCH for always leaving me really great and long comments :) I'm so glad I met you! :D

I'm a BIG FAN of Son Ye Jin :) She's soooo pretty and I love her eyes cause they look like they have tears in them which make her look so feminine and pretty (that may have sound weird xD) I saw her recent drama and I thought she was hilarious! She showed a different cute and funny side of her :D

I think you'll look great in CL's Can't Nobody hairstyle! I can't wait to see you in :D And thank you for your sweeeet compliments on my new hairstyle ^^

SORRY FOR THE LOOOOONG comment :D and THANK SO MUCH once again ;D I just can't stop thanking you :D

lotsa love,
Lizzy

Taj Acosta said...

Hi doll! I was looking for your e-mail address but couldn't find it on your blog. I wanted to let you know you won my Naughty Monkey shoe giveaway!! Congrats!! I will announce the winner (you!) on my next post! Please send me your e-mail so we can get the shoes out to you! xx -Taj

Translation service said...

YES! I finally found this site! I did a search on the topic and found most people will agree with your blog.Thanks.