Friday, November 11, 2011

Better Late Than Never - Rosee Waterproof Mascara Review

"Better late than never, ika nga (like they say)," I remember my Filipino Language teacher uttering these words to me when I turned in my very late book report when I was in high school. I was expecting some stern words from him, but instead he accepted it and marked it fairly. Lucky brat *hahah*

For those of you who have been following me for a while now, you know about my midnight affairs with E-bay. Something about bid wars always gives me a rush and lol.. breaks my paypal account *yikes*. But like all addiction, I have reached the pinnacle and now I'm sobering up cuz I'm saving up for Christmas *haha*. Enough babble, I'm going straight to the point. This post is a review of one of my E-bay haul: Rosee Waterproof Mascara (about time =.=).


Product: Rosee Waterproof Mascara (Black), 7mL
Price: $1.95 (Free shipping, yosh!)
Description: (read text above, sry... I'm a lil' lazy today haha)

Just like all my Asian gals out there, my lashes are barely there and kinda stands out straight thus, curling and putting on mascara is a need, not a luxury. Below are photos of my lashes without any mascara on.

Without Mascara

Without Mascara
I used two coats of Rosee on my top lashes and one on my bottom lashes. I don't usually apply mascara on my bottom lashes cuz... well, that's one aspect of make-up application I have yet to master. I need to practice in order to be gosu with that. And yes, I know my brows are messy, sorry about that but your single girl's a bit busy lately >.<".


Lashes looking thicker now...

Eek... red dot >.<

And yeah, they are a longer

I'm liking this so far....

Puppy eyes haha

Ok... let's get down and dirty with this product. It's an "okay" product. I mean, I'm not really raving about it, but I'm not disappointed with it either. I mean, c'mon it's $1.95, so let's just say, I got exactly what I paid for. 

Pro's:
  • It's cheap (lol...)
  •  Apart from being waterproof, it's actually smudge-proof as well 
  • After application, it dries really quickly and doesn't leave those dreaded mascara streaks as you wait for the product to dry
  • It's scent-free so it's perfect for those who are overly-sensitive towards products with strong scents
Con's:
  • The product is dry; I was expecting it to be more viscous like most mascaras are
  •  Perhaps because it's dry, it doesn't deposit that much of the product to the lashes with one application. Two coats look like one coat using the more pricey mascaras

What bothered me the most with it is that it's dry. I'm used to mascaras that are more liquid but this one's just a tad too dry for my liking. I checked the expiry date of the product when I first got it, and it wasn't anywhere near its expiration date yet so I was taken aback with it.  

My verdict: It's... okay but I'm not going to go on a bidding frenzy for this product again. But then again, I'm not regretting I tried this out. It's a decent, everyday mascara plus its smudge-proof and waterproof features are an added bonus for something of its price. 



And just a quick thought... Who among you dearies watch The Walking Dead? I am such a huge fan of it! Argh... I promise I'll do a post related to it soon so you'll know what the heck I'm yapping about. Especially Glenn (Stephen Yeun) hahahaha! That's him on the picture below, oh man, I want me some of that! lol! If you've seen this week's episode, boy does the plot thicken!!! I am so excited to see how Lori's dilemma unravels in the coming episodes *insert fiendish smile here*.

I DON'T mind being cooped up in a small hole
hiding from zombies if I was with this guy

'Til next time, my dears! K-pop Idol featurette coming this weekend so stay tuned for that. And if you guys have a tumblr account, please "Like" my entry. It would mean so much to me if you did and I'd truly appreciate the gesture. Just click the picture below to take you straight to my post, and don't forget to press the heart (LIKE) button! Ciao!

Click Me!



33 comments:

laura said...

That is some interesting mascara. Dry, you say? hmmm... Though I have really stubby lashes, I don't like putting on mascara on a daily basis just because it's a pain to take off everyday. I'd rather wear falsies! hahaha. The mascara does look great on you, though, and for that price-- it's not that bad.

I most definitely LOVE Walking Dead. I haven't gotten to the second season yet, but will soon! and omg, I noticed Stephen Yeun too... too cute not to!
♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights
enter my Too Faced and Hello Kitty Giveaway!

PAPS said...

Very nice review on the mascara. What do you mean dry? How do you apply if if it is dry. I like liquid type as it is easy apply.
www.thoughtsofpaps.com

Sam said...

You paid $1.95 for the mascara? Amazing...It looks well worth the price. Haven't seen the Walking Dead before, is it a supernatural type show?

Little Ms. Fun said...

Very nice review! I have long eye lashes, they stick straight out. My "eye lash" procedure in the a.m. is as follows:

Eyeliner right under the lashes. Apply heat to a metal eyelash curler with my blowdryer. Hold curler onto lashes for 10 seconds. Then one base coat of volumizing mascara. (This makes me look awake for work...hahaha)

Thanks for sharing. I really love your blog!

Nelah said...

My goodness, that is a steal. Too bad it didn't meet your expectation but for less than $2, nothing to lose right? I think your eyelashes are more visible than most Asians, gotta blame our Asian gene on that.

I often was your comments on Jo's and Kim's blogs so I wanted to pay a visit :)

Bravoe Runway said...

Similar to you, I have shorter eyelashes and they're hard to curl. It takes me three rounds of using the eyelash curler and then probably 50+ swipes everyday per eye to create super long lashes...yes I know it is insane! I wonder if it is 'dry' because it may be kind of old? But since you said is fragrance free...it probably isn't past its shelf life so it could just be the formula? Oh well $1.95 is a great deal ;) Hmmmm so you want a bag designed by the legendery Bessie's Mom...we'll see ;)

Mr Lonely said...

yeah~ its better to late than never in everything.. XD

Regards,
http://www.lonelyreload.com (A Growing Teenager Diary) ..

songbird said...

under2$ you say?without shipping you say?
haha!but the effect is quite nice..i don't wear mascara on a daily basis even though i have short spiky lashes as well..i hate taking it out!!

SassyUptownChic said...

Your eyelashes looked nice Wi. At least you tried it. Hey, that's the only way to find out. :) At least it didn't give you those tarantula eyes. HAHA Have you seen those? Super scary. And the clumpy ones. Ewww! :D Great review! :D
http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

Ask Erena said...

I say - the price is great and it looks really nice on you. Great review!
hugs from New York,
xx
Ask Erena
http://askerena.blogspot.com/

smokingherlastcigarette said...

that mascara is just awesome !
where can i get those?
check out my blog !
follow me and ill follow you back =)

Monica and Whitney said...

I need that mascara!

Ask the Duplex

Soo said...

I watch the Walking Dead! I wish I hadn't read the comic beforehand though. the show deviates so much from it :(

alison*elle said...

What a great deal on the mascara... I try and stay away from eBay because I know I'd get into bidding wars/become addicted too!

xo, alison*elle

Ladyulia said...

the mascara looks good on you
I myself does not wear mascara on my daily lifes
I'm wearing glasses, and its hard when I'm using mascara

Inge said...

thank you for this review!!!

Nava Krishnan said...

Thats a very honest review on the mascara and yep, if not worth it, then don't bother. I have not heard of the brand either before this.

ade kurnianingrum handika putri said...

that masscara was awesome ♥ maybe i will try it :D

jiglycious said...

very nice review

following you

hope we can follow each other

kisses

www.myjiglyciouslife.blogspot.com

FiSh said...

wow it's a cheap yet nice product! :D i love using this too

-FiSh
http://ohfishiee.blogspot.com

Fashionistable said...

I think your lashes look good both with and without the mascara. Thank you for the review. Xxxx

Lizzy said...

Hey Wi!

Mascara! Thanks for sharing :D Lately I have been very into curled lashes too, I want to update my mascara collection by getting a new one. I really like curled lashes but it's kind of a fail for me because I bought a really cheap and now useless lash curler from an unknown brand and everytime it literally chopped off the tips of my eyelash causing my eyelash to poke my eye sometimes. It was so frustrating so I seriously have to get a proper eyelash curler now. Do you know a good brand? :)

xoxo
Lizzy
P.S Cant wait for your next Featurette! Wondering you're going to write about next :D

It-Blogirls said...

cool mascara ! you have lovey eyes

Blackswan said...

Nice review, gal! U look good w/o mascara in the pix :) I normally go for the natural type as the volume ones tend to clump. This seems like another good buy of yours. Happy shopping on eBay!

just tututiny said...

I love mascara, even if I don't wear anything else I still like to have it on as it open my eyes up. This one looks good on you, but if it's too drying it may not work. Thanks for the review nonetheless.

I am like you, I love the rush of bidding on eBay - spent way too much time and money on this site!
Have a great weekend my dear.

Stephanie Ayu said...

your eyelashes are so pretty (even without mascara!)

paledivision said...

Ooh, the mascara looks pretty decent!
Your eyes are gorgeous by the way...
So jealous :(

http://paledivision.blogspot.com/

Nee said...

you can really see the difference of the lashes, it's so cool:)

Love,
Nee
ROSECANDLE11

Za Lemore said...

I don't think I will be buying that but thanks for the info doll...

Love, www.shoeocracy.blogspot.com

Za

ShinyPrettyThings said...

your lashes are gorgeoussss!!! me jealous XD wow that mascara is so cheap! but dry mascaras can be really hard to work >.< thx for the review!

The white cabbage said...

nice result !


come for a visit, and if you like sign as follower...I'll do back

ciao ave

DSK Steph said...

Glen!! lol I didn't know he was Korean!

Single Asians said...

This is a great inspiring article. I am pretty much pleased with your good work. Please keep on sharing your views.