Saturday, November 5, 2011

Korean Idol Featurette: Park Min Young

This week's Korean Idol Feature is the envy of all Lee Min-Ho's fans all across the world (including me >.<"). She's the young, lively and beautiful... Park Min Young.


Quick Facts: 

Name: Park Min Young
Birthday: March 4, 1986
Age: 25 years old
Education: Dongkuk University (Major in drama & film)
Hobby: Horseback riding


Park Min Young's debut in the K-pop scene is quite unique. Her management company, SidusHQ was browsing through Cyworld minihompies ( a South Korean social networking site) and found her homepage by chance. They found her to be a charming person and decided to give her a casting call and the rest is history.


She began her showbiz career by going on a a six months contract with Korean Air as their airline model in late 2006. She captured the hearts of drama fans after her debut acting role in MBC’s sitcom, Unstoppable High Kick (2006) for which she won the 2006 MBC Drama Awards: Best New Actress Award, Sitcom Category.   


She was also picked my Korean music artists to appear in their music videos. In 2008, Big Bang casted her in their MV, Haru Haru. It seems like everyone just can't get enough of her doll-like, cutie-pie image.


Park Min Young starred in various dramas after Unstoppable High Kick. Among them include the 2010 hit drama, Sungkyunkwan Scandal where she plays a girl who is troubled by her younger brother's worsening illness and their household in danger of being evicted from their home. Out of desperation, she enters the University under the guise of her brother's identity to save their household. Her portrayal of the role garnered her numerous awards including 2010 KBS Drama Awards: Excellence Award, Novella Drama - Actress  and 2010 KBS Drama Awards: Netizens' Award.


Just this year, she was cast to play Kim Na-Na in the drama, City Hunter. It is based on world-famous Japanese Manga by Tsukasa Hojo. Lee Yoon-Sung (Lee Min Ho) works at the Blue House's National Communication Network Team and received his Ph.D at M.I.T. Kim Na-Na (Park Min Young) is a bodyguard at the South Korean President's residence, the Blue House. Na-Na lost her parents by car accident since then she made a living by doing part time jobs. She became a bodyguard at the Blue House and she falls in love with Lee Yoon-Sung.


We are all too familiar with stars meeting and falling for each other on set, and it holds true for Park Min Young and Lee Min Ho. Despite receiving some buzz for their recent project, the two previously denied any possibility of a serious relationship. Prior to the announcement from their agencies, the two were rumoured to be seeing each other after pictures of their frequent meetings surfaced on the Internet.The rumour mill continued as they were repeatedly spotted together on recent outings around Seoul, South Korea.  


In August 23 of this year, the two openly admitted that they are dating each other. It is said that Lee and Park were attracted to each other during the filming of Korean popular drama, City Hunter, and immediately turned their romantic relationship into real life after the filming was concluded.

Sources:


28 comments:

BunBun said...

She is so cute! I loved Big Bang's mv with her too, they're probably my favourite kpop group :D

Valentine said...

I loved her in Sungkyunkwan Scandal! Her acting was really good in that. And of course, City Hunter *Swoons* Park Min Young and Lee Min Ho!

Bravoe Runway said...

AHHHH! Excellent post as usual and OMG she is only 25??? Man, we are getting old, LOL! I am going to ask Mom where we can rent some K-Drama over Thanksgiving wknd, hopefully we can find ones with English subtitles! Park Min Young is gorgeous and so is the guy she is dating... AND you know what? Someone commented in my post today that I look like a K-Drama actress..I couldn't help but think of you! Dare I say this...CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT WEEK!!!

SassyUptownChic said...

Hey Wi! It's so nice how her career began. They found her by chance! I always love hearing about those kind of stories. It's her destiny. I love the Korean Air commercials. I think they're so beautiful. I probably saw her and didn't know who she was. HAHA That's why I enjoy reading your posts. I've learned so much. Her boyfriend is super cute! Again, thanks for sharing this and have a wonderful weekend girl. ((HUG))
http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

kimchigirl111 said...

Oh yeah! There's a new drama showing on KBS World. She's in it too, acting as a nurse. I think it's called Yu Jane or something. :P

Rach
www.cookiedoughpineapplehearts.blogspot.com

Fashion, Art and other fancies said...

She's so pretty and I ado´re her sense of style. Must read up on her. Have a nice weekend.

Vee said...

she looks sweet like a cupcake =)
I'm gonna check out that Big Bang video !

xxx Vee

Vee said...

Ok i just watched the video and GOD she looks like an angel !!!! Almostm ade me cry =D !! hehe
And this guy with the kind of long hair is yummy yummy ! =D !

xxx Vee

Sam said...

Hey sweety, just wanted to wish you a Happy Weekend! have a great one :)

Mr Lonely said...

she is very lenglui lo~

Lizzy said...

Hey there Wi :D

Ahh just in time for another featurette :D Park Min Young! She's quite famous lately! I'm not a HUGE fan of her but I kind of like her :) Watched her in City Hunter and I thought she did quite a good job playing the role of Kim Nana. Quite curious to watch her act in other roles. She just came out with a horror film 'Cats' or something like that. But I'm not a horror film fan so I'm not going to check that out :P

Thank you for your sweet comment in my previous blogpost :D I don't wear the beanie often too due to the HOOOOOOT weather in my country too :D But I've always wanted a beanie so I decided to get one just for the looks and I love playing with it and taking pictures with it :P But I will definitely fling it off when it gets super hot, it'll be insane to wear wool in such a hot weather :P

xoxo
Lizzy

Michelle Lee said...

love her :)

your neweest follower Michelle
pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

songbird said...

she's very pretty!

Nee said...

sooo cute! i love korean music and movies! i'm addicted!!:D

Love,
Nee

Amanda Nguyen said...

uum..yea she's pretty....and I like her style!


<3Amanda
feast.fashion.faves
Facebook
Tweet ME!

Ceciliaefendy said...

Yes she's gorgeous like angel! I love her too. Nice post darl :)

just tututiny said...

Man I feel so old now. Can't believe she's only 25! She is very pretty but I am not quite familiar with this actress. I don't think I watched any dramas with her in it yet. Can't wait until my Winter break so I can watch some K-dramas!

suki pooki said...

Wow that was fun learning about this actress! Im not a K-pop/drama fan but my sister is so I know only the very very super duper popular bands/people lol, like Big Bang hahaha even I confess, I've had crushes on them every now and then =P

Yes! I the Godiva chocolates were very expensive but delicious non the less! If they come out with some cuter or yummy tasting ones during Christmas I might cave and buy those too haha

Thanks so much for your supportive comment on my designer bag post!

Dreamy Princess said...

I haven't seen the City Hunter yet. My friend said that this film is more into action than romance..
Is the story good to watch?

Yeah.. Park Min Young is so beautiful and I think she and Min Hoo make a good match(;

Cheers,
Dreamy Princess

Mitha Komala said...

thanks a lot dear! <3 omg she is so pretty!! nice post dear, keep in touch :D

http://mithakomala.blogspot.com/

laura said...

Why must she be so pretty?!? I would kill for skin as clear as hers and hair that holds color that well! and ugh, she's only 25? She looks amazingly young! I look 26 and I'm 26. hahaha.
♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights

Peiyinn said...

She is so pretty. I did watch City Hunter. It's such a great Korean drama. Lee Min Ho is so handsome. :)

Nava.K said...

Some how all the K-One idols look good, wonder what their secret in being so.

Love Sushi and Fashion said...

She is gorgeous! <3<3

Blackswan said...

Wi, slow down! U're going to fast & I'm still trying to catch up with all the idols. Hahaha!

I agree with Nava, all the idols have super fantastic skin. Must find out their secrets!

AdamAlexMommy said...

I love Korean shows! ParkMinYoung is reall pretty. Thanks for sharing!

Jas

Inge said...

i know her from somewhere. I have seen a lot of korean drama,...unfortunately it is difficult for me to remember the names...i must try harder! I am a k-wave fan!!!

Asian dating sites said...

Its one of the nice post which I really like,its presented well and nicely written which easy to understand.Looking forward to reading more from you.