Saturday, November 19, 2011

Korean Idol Featurette: Song Seung Heon

It's that time of the week again, folks... K-Pop Idol Featurette! And this week, I'm doing a request from Bessie to feature a drama actor she's been recently introduced. And of course, I couldn't say no to that haha :) So peepz, feast your eyes on Song Seung Heon!


Quick Facts:

Name: Song Seung Heon (송승헌)
Real Name: Song Seung-bok (송승복)
Nickname: Tough Guy 
Date of Birth: October 5, 1976
Age: 35 years old
Education: Majored in visual media in Kyunggi University
Hobbies: Watching & collecting videos and playing sports (basketball, swimming, and skiing) 


Song Seung Heon (SSH) started his career as a model for a jeans brand, Storm in 1995. Soon after that, he entered the world of showbiz with stints in sitcoms and TV dramas. SSH debut in television was in 1996 when he starred in the sitcom, Three Guys and Three Girls. His most famous dramas are East of Eden, Autumn in My Heart, Summer Scent and his most recently concluded drama, My Princess.


Apart from doing dramas, Song Seung Heon also starred in various movies. His first movie was Calla released in 1999. In 2002, he starred in the Hong Kong movie, So Close, along with Karen Mok, Shu Qi, Zhao Wei, in that movie he plays Yen, the love interest of Shu Qi's character. 


In 2004, he starred in the movie, He Was Cool, a movie based on an internet novel. The movie didn't hit box-office though, because its release was scheduled along with Harry Potter and other box-office hits of that summer. (Sidenote: I had seen He Was Cool in the past, and doh.... I just found out whilst making this featurette that he was the lead actor, doh!!! >.<") 


Song Seung Heon entered the compulsory military service in late of 2004. However, this has spurred quite a controversy because it was later found out that he feigned illness in order to avoid military duties. In the past, his claims to have high blood pressure and diabetes allowed him to avoid being drafted, unfortunately, he got busted so he apologized profusely to the public and his fans and immediately enlisted and served his 2-year term in the military. He was discharged with the rank of Corporal in November 2006.



It is but plain obvious that Song Seung Heon is a hottie. That piercing stare that makes you go weak in the knees, those killer abs, and manly charm captivates women of all ages. He's been linked to numerous actresses including Son Dambi, Sung Yu Ri, and his recent leading lady whom he shared much chemistry with, Kim Tae Hee. 

Despite all of this, he is, single. Yes, you read it right, he's single. In an interview a day after My Princess was first aired, he was asked about his plans about marriage, and he replied that he wants to have a good family, however he finds that a bit difficult at the moment since he doesn't have a girlfriend. He stated that maybe one day, he will meet his soul mate and he would marry her. I'll bet you a thousand bucks every fan of SSH is wishing she is the soul mate he's been searching for.


Another tidbit I found whilst digging for juicy gossip about him. Apparently, this hottie not only steals the hearts of the ladies with his good looks and killer bod, he can croon his way into the hearts of women as well! In 2003, Song Seung Heon released a CD titled, Song Seung Heon Volume 1! The album contains 11 tracks including a collaboration with Shin Yeon-Ah from Big Mama for the song, I Love You. You can check out his album in yesasia.com. 


And are you wondering what Song Seung Heon is up to these days? Well, he is currently busy working on a secret global project, Lucid Dream. Lucid Dream is a mono tailor-made especially for Song Seung Heon. He had started filming this project last month and is tentatively scheduled for release in the first half of 2012. So, ladies, stay tuned for that!


And to end this post, let us all pause and ogle at the 6-pack that convinced me to feature this hottie...




Source:
k-popped!
spcnet.tv
yesasia
Hancinema
allkpop
squidoo
koreanfilm.org
korea.com


33 comments:

Bravoe Runway said...

Thank you thank you thank you! Wii I love you!!! Thank you SO MUCH for featuring SSH! OMG he is so incredibly handsome and let me just say this...My Princess aired this year on January 5! That is my 30th birthday, so this is fate 2x in a week! 1. the vintage bag and 2. I found my future husband. We will not recall the fact that 99.99999999% of the women in Asia are lusting after him. Don't you think we'd make a fantastic looking couple in real life..muhahaha! He also directed The Invincibles, which I found out recently is the Korean Remake of A Better Tomorrow. That is my all time favorite Chinese movie so I'll have to hunt down the Invincibles because he plays the leading role of Chow Yun Fat! Thank you again!!!

Little Ms. Fun said...

He is VERY cute. Look at those abs...omg fanning myself!!!!!

You should check out my sexiest men alive contest. LOL

Marcela Gmd said...

I like it!!!!
Have a nice weekend!!

Besos, desde España, Marcela

BunBun said...

Oh gosh he's so gorgeous! I don't agree with the idea of compulsory military service either so I can't even hold that against him :')

songbird said...

he is not only gorgeous to look at he is so talented..no wonder any girl would swoon seeing him!

songbird said...

oh and i have given you 2 awards..:)

Taj Acosta said...

Nice!
Did you ever hear back from Naughty Monkey on the shoes? Just wanted to check and make sure! Have a great weekend dear! xo -Taj

Mimi said...

i've actually heard a lot of good k-pop songs. thanks for sharing this with us! :)

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

AdamAlexMommy said...

he is absolutely gorgeous, isn't he? ...now if i weren't married... (lol!) loving all the photos you posted! THANKS!! have a great wknd!

jasmine

Blackswan said...

Hey Chi, congrats on winning's Bessie's giveaway! Really happy for me. Both of us are in the winning streak. Hahaha!

My dear, I've finally posted your awards. Sorry for the delay. Thks again, for having me in mind! Enjoy your weekend!

Silvia ♥ said...

He is so cute! xx.
love this post.

silviajani.blogspot.com

kat @ paper doll theory said...

love k-pop! have a friend thats absolutely obsesssed

love kat

www.paperdolltheory.com

just tututiny said...

OMG OMG - my heart cannot stop beating!!! I LOVE LOVE him. My dream vacation would be to go to Korea and meet him! I've watched almost every series he has been in so far and my favorites are East of Eden (must watch, I actually recommended this one to Bessie) and My princess. So damn hot. I also watched The Invincible already and loved it and there is this other movie, not sure of the title, I think Ghost or something where he is paired with a Japanese actress. Will look it up and let you know but I am waiting for that one to watch it. Thank you for this post! Have a good weekend.

Rogerio Rinaldi e Glorinha Rinaldi said...

We love your blog is wonderful and will always be here reading all the news.
We wish you a great weekend.
Super Glorinha kisses.
http://sbrincos.blogspot.com

Jessica said...

Thanks for your comment!

http://chicgeekblogger.blogspot.com/

Please take a minute to look at my trunkshow;

http://iouproject.com/tsh/jessica-karen/

Michelle's Style File said...

What a handsome chap!

x
Michelle
www.michellesstylefile.blogspot.com

Dreamy Princess said...

oppaa (or ahjussii?)... aww..

I think I have an 'ahjussi syndrom' right now. I recently love Lee Sin Gyun because of Pasta, SSH because of My Princess and CHA SEUNG WON because of The Greatest Love. OMG, I miss that drama!

Cheers,
Dreamy Princess

ade kurnianingrum handika putri said...

he's so cute :) but i dont know why , i'm not interesting with some korean boys or anything about korea , hehehe . but i still now them :) <3

Za Lemore said...

Ohhhh he is sooo hot!!!!
Thanks for sharing. I feel like I am exposed to something new every time I stop by.

Love, www.shoeocracy.blogpost.com

Za

Cooking Gallery said...

Is he the guy who also plays as the prosecutor in City Hunter? I still prefer Lee Min Ho, but he's somehow cute too, but not really my type ;).

Theonlyfashionprincess said...

looks great! x

secretfashionlove said...

GREAT POST !

Love S.
http://secretfashionlove.blogspot.com/

FashionableAsians said...

*What, that's not drool, I'm not drooling...sees last pic.. ok now I'm drooling* lol

paledivision said...

He is absolutely stunning... hot and perfect!
Haha, thanks for sharing... My new eye-candy nomnom :3
xo
http://paledivision.blogspot.com/

SassyUptownChic said...

He is beyond gorgeous!!! Oh my Wi! I see why the ladies love him so. I'm not asian and I love him. HaHaHa He has the best features and hair. Oh what a lucky lady she will be when he chooses her. AND he's mature at 35! LOVED this post! Hope you're having a great weekend girl! I still have to work on my post for you. LOL
http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

laura said...

Wi, I love a man who can act AND sing. Oh man, that's almost enough for me. hahahah! I dunno about his face-- he's a bit too baby-faced for me, but ooh lala, those abs. those freaking abs. gimme!

♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights

dunia kecil indi said...

not his fans but, ya he's cute :)

Mr Lonely said...

was here~ =D

Regards,
www.lonelyreload.com (A Growing Teenager Diary) ..

Rene, Gucci's mom said...

Hi,

I was looking for fashion blog to follow and found yours! =D
I hope you can visit mine too! Kindly Follow if you like my blog here http://tinyurl.com/7u2b2jp

See you!

Regards,
Rene

The Cat Hag said...

Hehe, finally a Korean star I recognise!

He is such a cutie too, I love his big eyes, and his chiseled body! Definitely one of the hottest Korean actors around. :)


xoxo,
Addie
The Cat Hag

Natalie Leung said...

oh wow he is HOOOT!!

natalie
http://lucyandtherunaways.blogspot.com

MurphysLaw said...

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/16900000/Glenn-the-walking-dead-16919155-840-600.jpg

If you're into zombie movies or anything, this show is awesome its on AMC in the US but you could probably find episodes on the AMC site or Hulu, but i think you might like that guy on the show he's pretty cute

PHAN MAI said...

Great post. Thanks for sharing. He becomes my Prince now... Ka ka ka