Monday, November 7, 2011

Smiles Come From Small Care Packages

My best friend, Maila, from waaayyy back into my Elementary days moved to Chicago back in 2006. I haven't seen her for years until she finally was able to go on a short vacation last year. We're the only single ladies left in our group (two of our girls are already hitched) so it's a toss-up as to who's going to be the last woman standing.

With Maila on her brief summer vacation (April 2010)
Whenever I talk about her, I always get misty-eyed because I really miss her. She and I have gone through so much drama, and during all of our trying times, we always got each other's back. She was my confidante as I was hers. And she was always such a sweetheart, she was really thoughtful and she always gave me little gifts at totally random times. And true enough, I was so surprised to receive a call from her mom saying Maila sent a little care package for me.

Plastic full of goodies ^.^


She knows I love the Japanese Blossom scent of Bath and Body Works so she sent me the entire line which includes a body mist, lotion, shower gel and hand sanitizer. She even threw in a Pocketbac of my zodiac sign, Taurus (the little blue one). 


 My heart was pumping excitedly when I saw the Old Navy plastic inside her care package, and I squealed with delight when I finally saw the content of that plastic bag: a Rolling Stones Vintage Statement Tee! I remember chatting with her a few months back and while we were talking about random stuff, we discussed about clothes and I told her I've been searching high and low in the Philippines just to find this shirt. This one truly proves just how thoughtful she is. 


People come and go, and as we go about living our own lives, it's inevitable that even the best of friends will have to go on separate ways. This holds true to me and Maila and our two other friends but distance did not make our friendship ebb away. She can still read me like how she did before, she still knows what would make me smile and what things would make me really happy. And this tiny care package from her absolutely brightened up my day. 



This is a very late acknowlegement (my apologies), but Lhamo of Thoughts of a Silent River awarded me this blog award last October 24, 2011. Lhamo is a talented writer and she writes a superb blog that's very inspirational and motivates me to  keep on going and Smile to Life. She's a very thoughtful, kind and sweet blogger, and I encourage you guys to check out her blog and follow her. Lhamo, many thanks for the award, you are too kind, and I'm very grateful.


I was feeling a little hearty-heart thus I cut my slice of Roast Beef Pizza into a shape of a heart. Haha... There are other reasons for that as well, which I shall unveil in the coming days. And before you guys deducing 1001 possible scenarios let me just say it's not love-life related, sorry to burst your bubble. But it's going to make me extremely happy so I hope I can rally some support from you guys *haha*.


Hope y'all had a lovely weekend. It's the long weekend for us here, but I don't get to indulge in the luxuries and privileges of long weekends, perks and banes of the job but hey, I'm not complaining :). Long weekends mean more customers for me, and I just restocked so I'm hoping for a boost in my sales tomorrow *fingers crossed*. 

And don't forget to check out Thoughts of a Silent River! Thanks for the award, Lhamo! G'day!


42 comments:

There is nothing in this world that is new.. said...

i hope u have a good monday too!

Fashion Translated said...

love the picture!

Fashion Translated

Kek Kek Angela said...

great post !! I love the t-shirt !!

xx
I'm following you now!!
Would you like to follow me back?
keep in touch<3

kisses*
http://kekeangela.blogspot.com/

Mai said...

nice pictures (: all the goodies seems interesting (: haha.!! and rolling stone tee i have one similar ^^

CMPang x
http://maisecrets.blogspot.com/

nookie said...

such sweet of her! I bet the scent is divine!

Fashionistable said...

She is a good friend indeed. They are like gold arent they. Looking forward to finding out about the heart shaped pizza and of course I jumped to the romantic conclusion. Xxxx

Ladyulia said...

the t-shirt is rock :)
and congrats for the award

songbird said...

it always feels good to meet best friends no matter how long the interval...life seems lghter with her...those were awesome gifts!
i can't wait to hear your announcement..whatever it is ;)

Bravoe Runway said...

Maila sounds like a wonderful friend and she lives in Chicago??? I think I must meet her! I hope you can visit Chicago someday I'm totally going to take you out! I love the new tee and also the Japanese Blossom smells heavenly! Enjoy your new treats and my BFF Lady Noir whom you hear me mention frequently in my post also got me the astrology hand sanitizer from Bath and Body works :) mine says capricorn!

The Cat Hag said...

One of life's greatest treasures if the gift of best friends, your dearie is really such a super thoughtful and sweet friend! <3


xoxo,
Addie
The Cat Hag

Joyce said...

i love japanese blossom from bath and body works too! the scent is so nice and subtle. i agree, people come and go in life. glad to hear that you and your friend are still close. i like your blog. keep in touch <3

-Joyce
www.carouselstreet.com

Silvia ♥ said...

you look so pretty! and I love ur things <3.
xoxox.

silviajani.blogspot.com

Punk Chopsticks said...

Ahahahaha your friend sounds so amaing! and the pizza looks so darn sute!
Did you eat it in the end?

Monica and Whitney said...

I love that last photo!

Ask the Duplex

janurai said...

this is a wonderful post chichi..
cheers to friendship ^_^

Punk Chopsticks said...

wow, thats really sweet. being friends for life and all (=

ShinyPrettyThings said...

awww this is such a sweet post!!! what a great package from your friend. glad you are able to have such a true friend for so many years!! true friends are so far & few in between as we get older.

Lizzy said...

Hey WI :)

That's so sweet of your friend to send you a package! :) Both of you look super sweet in the picture :) Wow, she gave you lots of goodies :O The Rolling Stone t-shirt looks so cute, especially it's vintage, I LOOVE vintage fashion! :) I read a review of the Japanese Blossom scent of Bath and Body Works and I've been dying to try it out but I can't find them in my country :(

It's so fun to send and receive packages from friends. I used to mail letters to my friends but that was all. I never received any packages before, I hope to experience receiving a package one day :) Love how you cut your pizza in to a heart shape <3

And yeah! I'm waiting for the album to come out so I can get it, but albums an be a bit pricey sometimes. So I'll have to check and see if it's worth it :)

Have a great weekend too :D
Lizzy

Blackswan said...

More goodies, Wi? The bath & body range sure comes in handy. This weekend, I too, received some body lotions & bath range of different brands from my friends + lots of goodies too! Who doesn't like receiving gifts. hahaha!

I'm already anticipating for your announcement.......

Francesca Giusti said...

love this post and also your blog! I follow u!
pass to my blog and if it likes you follow me back :D
xoxo
http://francescagiusti.blogspot.com/

Rapuncela said...

beauty smiles :)) and great blouse :))

LeeAnne, Style N Season said...

Lucky girl you!
I received and gave a lot of gifts, but never got or gave a care package like this. Perhaps I should try it, it looks so fun not just to receive, but also to prepare one. I think the experience of opening several small packages instead of a big one will add to the thrill for a change!

LeeAnne, Style N Season
http://stylenseason.blogspot.com

LeeAnne, Style N Season said...

You have a long weekend there in the Philippines? AWWWWW... the red date of Moslem's New Year fell on Sunday yesterday here, so no holiday! Saaad...

LeeAnne, Style N Season
http://stylenseason.blogspot.com

I'm With Stupid said...

It's always great to keep in touch with people you've been friends with since childhood. Those always seems to be the strongest friendships.

Jay

Fabrizia said...

These photos are so cute, and you look so good! I like this post!
Take a look at my blog, and if you like it follow me, I’ll be waiting for you!

Don’t forget to enter the ZELEB giveaway on my blog!!
Cosa mi metto???

laura said...

Wi,
I love having great friends who listen and know every facet of you! :) You both look darling and super happy together! MAkes me miss my bffs so much!!!!
♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights
enter my Too Faced and Hello Kitty Giveaway!

Jessica said...

Thanks for your comment! Great blog, lovely top :)

http://chicgeekblogger.blogspot.com/

Please take a minute to look at my trunkshow;

http://iouproject.com/tsh/jessica-karen/

Jessica said...

Thanks for your comment! Great blog, lovely top :)

http://chicgeekblogger.blogspot.com/

Please take a minute to look at my trunkshow;

http://iouproject.com/tsh/jessica-karen/

Marcela Gmd said...

Sweet post!!
Beautiful friendship!!!
Have a nice day!

Besos, desde EspaƱa, Marcela

Sam said...

You're so lucky to have such a sweet and thoughtful friend!

Meagan said...

You're so lucky to have such a thoughtful friend!
-Meagan
www.spunkychateau.com

SassyUptownChic said...

Hey Wi! Maila is awesome girl. Now that is definitely what I call a friend. You both are very lucky to have each other. You two are so cute! Gosh, my mom loves the same fragrance. HAHAHA Whenever I go to Bath & Body she asks me to pick some up. She sent you some really nice things. Congratulations on your award and hope all is well. :D
http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

Bravoe Runway said...

Ok Wii...it is officially official..I must meet Malia! She sounds awesome and yes you will have to visit Chicago some day! I prefer you visit in Summer...it will be waaaaaaaay too cold in winter for your liking.

Katherine said...

Awww that is so sweet of your best friend! She sounds so thoughtful :) Reading this made me miss my BFF...

aki! said...

I absolutely love my old friends.

NaNa said...

It's so great to hear about friendships like yours with Maila, and how distance doesn't stop you from staying in touch and being the best friends that you are. She sounds like a really caring and thoughtful friend.

Also, congrats on your award!

x Anna

Nava.K said...

Its great to hear about the friendship and the gifts she send over to you and I like those too.

Congrats on the award and keep going and more will come on the way.

Mary and Dyer said...

You are lucky to have such a great friend!!!

Thanks for your sweet comment about my shop. I'm nervous/excited! Hope that it does well!! :)

Blessings,
Kat
www.maryanddyer.com
www.maryanddyer.blogspot.com

esmee said...

nice blog! http://livingasunnyworld.blogspot.com/ xx

Tarah said...

Aww. I love to read about true friendships. I cherish all my friends. I moved away from all my close friends. It gets kinda lonely without your ace. ;)

I'll try to vote on tumblr. Goodluck!

Tarahandthecity.blogspot.com

Always, T

Amanda Nguyen said...

I love care packages!! too bad I never get any hahaha
I don't have any relatives that live far enough to send me any packages :(
but this one that you got it waaay cool!!

<3Amanda
feast.fashion.faves
Facebook
Tweet me!

Vee said...

This is so sweet of her !!! You really have a good friend =) I'm happy for you !!!

I love both my best friends too ! They're like my sisters !

xxx Vee